UCSB accepts rapist transfer student

It has come to my attention that an individual who was found guilty of “non-consensual sex” at Vanderbilt was accepted as a transfer student and is currently attending UCSB. The individual, who is a junior, was currently suspended at Vanderbilt for 2 years, an injustice of its own given his atrocious actions. This situations demonstrates the broad impacts of Vanderbilts horrendous failure to administer justice, who, despite finding the assailant guilty, elected not to expel him and erase the incident form his academic record in just 2 years. Furthermore, this was not the only incident at Vanderbilt where the individual was accused of SA. It is terrifying that he was accepted to UCSB given his current standing and history at Vanderbilt. By transferring the individual is able to evade retribution while his victims must continue living with the trauma of his heinous actions. The individual is a danger to other students and has no place in the UCSB community. Allowing this student on campus is both a great injustice to his victims whose lives have been permanently altered, as well as UCSB students who are put at risk by this disgrace for a human. I am sharing this because I believe UCSB students deserve to know about the vile actions of a person who has been allowed into their community and the broad repercussions of Vanderbilt’s atrocious failure to administer justice.

PLEASE google the following and READ the article titled "Vanderbilt Chose Not to Expel My Rapist on the Vanderbilt hustler, where the assailant is referred to as R. Due to site rules I am unable to post the link.

1 Like

Vanderbilt’s decision to expel or not would have no impact on any student’s admission at a University of California campus. The UCs do not ask about, and if informed will disregard, an applicant’s disciplinary or criminal record. This has been true for more than five years now. Has there been any attendant rise in crime on UC campuses? There’s zero evidence to suggest that is the case.

2 Likes

If only you knew how many criminals were actually on any college campus, you’d never go to college.

2 Likes

It’s a terrible situation.

But…
a national sex offender search using zip code 93117 (Isla Vista’s zip code) brings up a list of 104 records.

When a user’s first post is sensationalistic and serves no purpose other than to shock and appall, I am always suspicious. The user also tried to flout the rules by posting a link. Those interested can Google for more information.

Closing.

3 Likes