**UCSD Class of 2025 Waitlist Discussion**

May I ask what are you majoring in UCLA & UCSD? Thank you much in advance and good luck :+1:

1 Like

I applied as a bio major to both schools. Thatā€™s one reason I thought I was never going to get off either waitlist; bio is usually one of if not the most popular major at both schools. So if there are spots open at ucla then I speculate there are definitely spots open at ucsd!! I suspect they are being reallyyyy slow with waitlist admissions due to covid. Also Iā€™ve noted that most UC waitlist admissions have skewed toward in state applicants (doesnā€™t mean you definitely wonā€™t get in if youā€™re OOS or international). And thank you so much!

8 Likes

Congratulations! May I ask if you are a freshman or transfer student getting for wl of ucla?

Thank you! Iā€™m a freshman applicant with ā€œokayā€ stats for ucla and ucsd. Iā€™m so shocked I got off!

1 Like

Congrats!! Would it be okay to ask your stats?

Of course!
UW GPA: 3.7
W GPA: 4.3
SAT: 1220 (600 Reading, 620 Math, 21 Essay)

I took 7 AP courses: AP Human Geo, APUSH, AP Physics 1, AP Psych, AP Lang, AP Lit, AP Spanish 4, AP Bio

I didnā€™t take any ap math courses so I really didnā€™t expect to get off but I was wrong! Thereā€™s no doubt in my mind that I got this far because of my essays

hey guys, just received my rejection notice. they said that theyā€™ve reached capacity and are no longer taking in any applicants. a little disheartening but after waiting this long i sorta forgot about it, best of luck to you all on your college journey!

Same

Disappointing, I understand that the waitlist process is difficult for UCSD because of COVID. But the fact that we waited two months to hear that UCSD is taking no applicants off the waitlist. Itā€™s a shame because we also didnā€™t hear some acceptance from the waitlist during the process.

1 Like

some people were accepted in late april but other than that no acceptances, i understand your frustration though, covidā€™s j made everything super difficult with the college admissions process

time for community college lol

Frustrating. Waisted two monthsā€¦

Yeah my daughter heard from the wait list today too. Didnā€™t get in. I wonder if they took anyone from the waitlist or did the same as UCD. She had a 4.34 weighted and 3.92 unweighted when she applied.

same. figured this would be the outcome and if my son did get off the WL, heā€™d be undeclared most likely, which wonā€™t work being he wants to get into CS. we are happy with his choice (UCSC) though!

Son denied for CS. Will be going to UCSC CS.

So disappointed at this point :disappointed: SD is the last hope my bf and I will go to the same college and now we have to separateā€¦ Still havenā€™t heard from UCB and UCLA but I assume they are also quite hopeless. It really feel frustrated to be rejected b/c the limited capacity! Hope you guys have wonderful college journey elsewhere:)

Daughter denied for CS.

My son as well.

My son was also denied at UCSD. Going through orientation at UCSC now. CS too.

1 Like

We are in the area visiting this weekend. I was really hoping for UCSD, but UCSC is a beautiful campus. Reality is sinking in. :neutral_face:

1 Like