UIUC- math CS in LAS & Stats+CS

Hi,
I have a quick question regarding the math-CS pgm offered at UIUC LAS. My son is interested in that program. We were able to add the math-cs as the first choice major. We were also trying to add the stat-cs as the 2nd choice. It is not allowing us to add this 2nd choice. We were also trying to add one of the CS+x as 2nd choice major, which was not allowed either. However, I was able to add Engg undeclared as our 2nd choice major.

My question here is, what do people add as 2nd choice major with the first choice being math-cs (from LAS). I appreciate if someone can throw in their exp. This is out first ever college experience.
Thanks.

My daughter is applying to UIUC EA as well and choosing CS+Math as her first major. We attended the Virtual session for UIUC. They seem to have a limitation on the CS+x major you choose. If one of the majors is CS+x then you ought to choose a different major for the second choice. From our school some chose Mathematics and some Engineering. Hope that helps.

advitha

Thanks a lot for the info. Appreciate it.

hey,what were ur kids admission stats? just curious :slight_smile: thank you so much