UMass Amherst Class of 2027 EA thread

Dec. 20; last day of finals and semester.

4 Likes

Good to know! Thx

ugh. S23 was deferred from his ED school today. Now we are really anxious to hear from UMass.

1 Like

deleted

So sorry. This is such a stressful time/process.

3 Likes

Hopefully next week we will hear some news.

1 Like

so basically the first wave should be released monday or tuesday

3 Likes

I think we can assume some time next week.

1 Like

Probably any day—offices likely close after last day of finals. In 2019, I believe it was a Wed or Thurs, but who knows?

3 Likes

I heard from a good source that 5k wil be notified on Monday 12/19 then more after 1/1. They had 29k EA/ED applications

5 Likes

Any details on applicants from which regions will be in the 5k?

1 Like

All I know is that is such a small percentage that I am not going to sweat it at all if D doesn’t hear next week. So I really appreciate the intel!

If I were admissions and it were up to me I’d prioritize the super amazing candidates who are easy to ID just based on stats or “maybe” the out of state/outside of the NE apps just due to cash flow. All in the less competitive majors (i.e. not CS or nursing).

It’s probably more random than that.

4 Likes

But UMass Amherst doesn’t have an ED application plan?

That’s good info. I still can’t imagine how it took them this long to pick out only 5k!

1 Like

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we’d all have a Merry Christmas. Everyone has a theory and a source and a guess. Decisions will be out when they’re out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Which college was he deferred from? I hope he gets positive results from the rest of his colleges! I also got deferred from my ED school (Northwestern) and I can definitely relate to the stress.

1 Like

Oh no! We are CS applicants. I hope we don’t have to wait beyond the New Year.

1 Like

Let’s hope for next week

2 Likes

still waiting to hear back, they sent that blast email ~1 week or two ago.

2 Likes

URI had 24k+ applicants and they started sending out last week and continue to do so - Nursing majors and beyond
what’s up UMass???

1 Like