UMass Amherst Class of 2027 EA thread

Last two years, people posted as early as around 3pm. But, it is also possible the decisions were being loaded in groups throughout that afternoon and into the evening.

Yes, in Mass… I’ve put hours into the two short Auburn scholarship essays with the hope I’ll get something. I came up a few points short on my SAT for automatic merit, so without a scholarship(s), Auburn will be off the table.

My concern with UMass is that I applied EA for civil engineering and then changed to Finance because transferring into Isenberg is impossible and that’s a route I may want to go. Problem is my two short UMass essays focused on engineering - though I did keep civil as my second choice. We’ll see how it all plays out.

1 Like

For those on the edge of their seat, this report may or may not help relieve some of your anxiety. This is a breakdown of last years applications by major, acceptance rate and enrollment, etc. There’s a wealth of information in here. For example, you can see that the School of Public Health had an 81% acceptance rate while Isenberg and Computer Science were 41% and 33% respectively.

3 Likes

At 3:18 PM EST.

first wave out today, confirmed by umass ig

2 Likes

UMass announced 20 minutes ago via a reply to a post on Instagram that they are indeed releasing their first wave this afternoon:

6 Likes

I don’t see this post on their IG. When was it posted?

I suck at using IG. I can’t find it either. But I totally believe it’s there.

Never mind. Just found it - it’s the one from this past Thursday with a video. Good luck to all our kiddos!

It’s the second latest post, UMass Undergraduate Admissions on Instagram: "Happy Thursday everyone! Today’s reel: a look into #winteratumass ❄️🌨️ #sceneatumass #umassamherst #umassadmissions" here’s the link

My daughter has applied as CS major. Praying she hears today

2 Likes

It’s a reply to a comment in their post. Look for the post with the pic I pasted.

1 Like

For all those who will receive a decision today, please post your stats, the decision (accepted, waitlisted, deferred, denied), honors status and what if any merit was awarded. Thank you and again good luck to all!

8 Likes

award also anounsed today?

All in one - decision, honors and merit award. Not need based financial aid, I believe, but merit.

2 Likes

I already have my $1700 Adams scholarship. Hopefully they’ll actually give me the opportunity to use it!

3 Likes

just got in for poli sci with 16k a year!

5 Likes

No email received yet.

Did you get an email saying your decision was part of the wave today? I checked my portal and didn’t see anything

1 Like

Congrats btw!

1 Like