UMass Amherst Class of 2027 EA thread

Any CS major got in?

2 Likes

My daughter did not hear anything today.

Admitted OOS Sociology Major with 16k merit and Commonwealth Honors College acceptance.
4.0/4.2, 9 AP/2 DE, 1480 single sitting SAT.

6 Likes

Sorry meant to say my daughter applied CS and did NOT hear today.

1 Like

My son is a CS major - we haven’t heard anything today. I’m assuming he’ll get in - he’s a good student and his sister is a soph at UMass - but I guess you never know. We’re OOS

Just finished my call with the admissions office! They’re being released in random batches, so there’s no set order they’re following in case anyone was interested

3 Likes

OK we have some homework to do now. S23 has not visited UMass though he has visited the area as his sister is at Smith.

If anyone knows offhand what perks come with the CHC please do tell (we will also look in up of course.)

I would love for him to be very excited about this and maybe consider NOT finishing the remaining 11 applications he is working on. He really wanted a smaller university or LAC but maybe CHC will introduce some of those qualities?

1 Like

random batches throughout the day or random batches until end of january?

Did they say anything about when the next batch will be?

In state, D23 admitted to Animal Sciences program :partying_face:
Good luck everyone!

2 Likes

Random batches until the end of January! There is no update as to when the next batch will be they said :((

Wondering the same. Assuming January but would be very happy to be wrong!

2 Likes

No news for D23 yet. OOS, Biology, 3.9 UW, TO, solid EC’s, national level club sport. Visited in person from a very under-represented state if that matters.

1 Like

what does D23 mean

1 Like

DD admitted, Econ major. OOS. 3.95 UW, 4.4 W, 33 ACT, captain swim team, Spanish club leader, volunteer tutor, summer job. 16k chancellors, no honors.

4 Likes

On this board it’s Daughter who is graduating from High school in 2023.

Ahh I see, thank you!!

1 Like

My son was admitted to the School of Education and the Commonwealth Honors College with a $2,000 dean’s scholarship.

• in state
  • GPA 3.94 UW, 4.36 W
  • SAT 1420
  • good EC (XC, track, peer tutoring, volunteer coaching, and first chair for his instrument in band, plus two years as a camp counselor)
5 Likes

DD accepted, 3.87 UW, 4.4W no sat scores
12k chancellors award
Maths

4 Likes

Accepted to College of Natural Sciences. In state, 1430 SAT, 4.48 W GPA, eclectic EC, sibling already there. We have had the (disappointing) experience of being rejected from UMASS with another child in the past. Good luck, everyone!

7 Likes