UMass Amherst Class of 2027 EA thread

My DD is also waiting on Psych. Her twin sister received acceptance into Education yesterday.

5 Likes

My daughter applied to the Nursing School 2 years ago and got waitlisted, but was accepted to Georgetown Nursing!!! They only had a class of 30 at Georgetown when she appliedā€¦ 5.2 weighted GPA, 1490 SAT, Pres Natā€™l Honor Society, Capt of Varsity Basketball, Capt of Math team, Varsity Soccer 4 years, DECA, tons of community serviceā€¦UMass is tough to figure out???/

3 Likes

Sounds like like your daughter won! Congrats! Massachusetts as a whole thinks the world revolves around it but Massachusetts doesnā€™t realize thereā€™s a whole other realm of reality out there. Hope that makes sense.

2 Likes

Being far away from this world this is interesting insight. Our state flagship has the same complex (UW Seattle). Itā€™s nice to have the bigger picture for a change! :wink:

This is why I want out of Dodge. UMass for me isnā€™t a safety for admission as much as it is a locale safety just in case I decide last minute that I need to stay closer to home. Otherwise, Iā€™m heading south!

2 Likes

Congratulations to Georgetown nursing!

4 Likes

Iā€™m surprised that she didnā€™t get honors college. They try to balance majors in the honors college, because if they didnā€™t, it would be filled with solely very high stats Comp Sci majors! Clearly, they felt that she was a very desirable candidate, since they gave her the max OOS merit award (I think).

1 Like

Thanks. We were hopeful for that reason, but not too surprised, given how many great students donā€™t get accepted to Honors College. Isnā€™t there a geographic diversity component to the selection as well? We are in NH, and Iā€™m sure they have many highly qualified applicants from here.

Hi - -thanks for including that graphic! My point really was that UMASS Amherst now has such a high national recognition that even the less competitive majors are now competitive - although not as competitive as the usual suspects. I know many strong, strong in-state students last year who applied to the less competitive majors and were either denied or waitlisted.

My S21 was in CHC freshman year. Itā€™s mainly the dorms. Centrally located, newer and with AC. Smaller classes but only for certain subjects. Peer advising only AFAIK. No early registration.

1 Like

Somewhere someone posted that they got in on 12/26, the day after Xmas. So anything is possible, who knowsā€¦

1 Like

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Holiday Season! For those who might be interested, I noticed there is a new group for parents on Facebook. If interested, look up UMass Amherst Class of 2027 - Parent in Groups. There is a similar group for students.

4 Likes

Any chance for decisions to get released this week?

Unfortunately, they said several times on social media that it would be mid-January.

2 Likes

Next week?

Where on social are they posting admissions info?

2 Likes

I donā€™t know if there is a specific place but, the place I have seen is their undergrad admissions Instagram page. People tend to ask questions about the early action dates in their comments and typically they reply. There should be a link somewhere further up in this page.

1 Like

Found it! Thank
u!

2 Likes

Does anybody know how many waves they sent out for last years EA acceptances?

From what I recall in 2020 there were several waves in January unfortunately!