UMass Amherst Class of 2027 EA thread

I looked back at both class of 2025 and 2026 threads. In 2020 (class of 2025), the first wave of decisions came on Dec. 10 which was a Thursday. In 2021 (class of 2026), the first wave came out on Dec. 7, which was a Tuesday. In both cases, there was a blast email a couple days prior from the University stating that decisions were about to be released and explaining the wave process. This year, UMass Admissions already stated that an email would be forthcoming. It didn’t come last week, but maybe it will come this week. Once that email is out, we’ll know decisions are imminent (within a couple days I would guess).

1 Like

I called to check on whether scores had been received and asked when EA would start being released. The woman was very nice, but didn’t give a date, just that they would be coming by end of January in waves.

Yeah, I haven’t gotten an email from them yet, so I have no clue.

nope, i’m in the US. my brain was so fried at the time of writing that, that I ended up writing 12/7. my bad!

There is a new update on Instagram. “The first wave will be released before the holidays and everyone who has applied EA is guaranteed to hear before end of January. We will be posting updates on our socials when waves are released.”
Nothing new really, but the message is that they will not give you a heads up when the update is coming. However, they will let us know that the bach was sent out.

I suppose this means that a new wave could come anytime in the next 2-3 weeks and we’ll get no heads up at all

what account - not seeing this

Probably, from the looks of it. Likely next week, then since the “holidays” are the week after that.

1 Like

Hopefully they send out the email like last year in a day or two

By end of January, that is late for EA.

where do you see this? on insta?

I wish it were earlier, but my twins are applying to 4 EA schools and they all have end of January decision dates.

just checked email and portal… i got nothing!

Maybe tomorrow

Don’t hold your breath = for the class of 2020 (meaning 2024s) it took a long time like mid January even though we had everything in EA by mid September. DS is now a Junior in Isenberg but the UMass ship is an old meandering one that takes a long time to do anything!

2 Likes

Yes. Here is the link. UMass Undergraduate Admissions on Instagram: "@umass Admissions Statistics: Academic Offerings & Faculty • 10 academic colleges • 111 Bachelor’s Degree Programs | 5 Associate Degree Programs • Average class size 35 students • 77% class with fewer than 40 students • 1,400+ full-time faculty • 95% hold the highest degree in their field • 18:1 student:faculty ratio #umassadmissions #umassamherst #umass #admissionstatistics"

1 Like

Do you know if there is an status update when they start evaluation? We see only application checklist.

1 Like

Anyone got in today?

No word here…

My son received a next steps email that says expect decision by end of January.

3 Likes