1250 SAT, did not submit.
No Honors college.

Elementary Education Major

5 Likes

Sigh. Still nothing.
OOS, Isenberg, applied 10/30.

I also havenā€™t gotten anything in the portal :pensive:
I applied on 10/26 for CS

OOS, Admitted to Biomedical engineering. 3.9 GPA unweighted. APā€™s, lots of leadership and test optional.
Merit - 14k, no honors. We have Pitt which gave us 20K so UMass is more expensive for us now.

3 Likes

Yup same. Isenberg 10/16. My poor dd is still waiting on so many schools that people have already heard from. And itā€™s the same kids getting in on these early waves. Beyond frustrating :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Same for my daughter. Fingers crossed for you both!

4 Likes

My daughter (CS major) hasnā€™t heard from her colleges yet either. She applied to all early action.

Misery loves company. Hopefully both our girls will get in. I just wish we knew when the next wave of decisions was coming. Iā€™d also love to understand how they choose who to notify when. Dd was hoping for honors college, now she just wants to get in to the school. Itā€™s become so competitive and the stats here for kids who were accepted to CS are super impressive. GL!

3 Likes

As far as timing it seems that since they like to do a big batch all at once they will need to plow through a bunch more before doing another wave. Based on last year and their January promise Iā€™d guess a wave each week until the end of Jan? (for EA apps)

3 Likes

My son applied to CS and second choice economics. He got in yesterday to economics not for CS. Plus he was offered 16K/year merit aid.

1480 SAT. 4 GPA. 7 APs. Good ECs and some leadership roles.

3 Likes

Thanks! Same for your daughter!
I hope our decisions will come out in the next wave!

I guess the question is when is the next wave, next week?

1 Like

Same hereā€¦ still waitingā€¦ Wonder if we have missed submitting somethingā€¦ portal for UMass Amherst seems to be one of the most basicā€¦ This is all we have, in addition to name and addressā€¦ does it look similar for any of you?

5 Likes

When all three green check marks are there, you have everything in.

3 Likes

yes its pretty simple. You will get a link for update when you login - if there is update.

1 Like

Does anyone know when the next wave is. Someone on reddit said it might be 16th but im not sure if its true.

Sure! I have a 3.91 UW (my school doesnā€™t do weighted) and a 35 ACT. I got 5s on AP Calc BC and AP Lang last year. This year for APs Iā€™m doing AP Physics C, Lit, and Psych. (At my school it isnā€™t the norm to do like 12 APs). Iā€™m also doing Multivariable calc this year. My ecs are honestly not very impressive imo but Iā€™m very dedicated them and passionate. I did do a relatively competitive program over the summer that involves comp sci. Honestly, Iā€™m not even certain that I want to do CS thoughā€¦ also Iā€™m in state

My daughter got in for bio, honors college, chancellorā€™s 16k merit. OOS

9 Likes

anybody knows whether the university will send official admission letter directly to your home? or does it only work for in-state students?

Congrats! My daughter has very similar stats, we are OOS. Fingers crossedā€¦

1 Like