UMass Amherst Class of 2027 EA thread

@Techno13 - they pre announced the last EA decisions wave one day prior to the actual release.
So, I’m guessing that they will pre announce on Monday, Jan 23rd and release the decisions the following day, Jan24th. But I could be wrong of course as I was hoping that they would announce today that they would release the next wave tomorrow- which would make sense logistically based on their latest post about events on the 22nd for recent admits. We’ll all know by the end of the month- can’t wait for the waiting to be done.

2 Likes

Has anyone received an email with the registration link for Destination Days that UMass announced on social media would come out today?

No. I was just coming here to see if anyone had posted about it.

After I posted, I went back to the UMass website for destination days and there was a button to go to the portal for registration. We were able to register by following that button. Looking forward to the event. :blush:

4 Likes

Great, thanks!

1 Like

Just got it.

1 Like

We’re headed up from Austin for the March 3 event. This school has been a sleeper on my kid’s list, but has recently shot up into his top 3.

3 Likes

I’m not the only one with a kid who is suddenly re-adjusting his priority list? UMass has been his #1 since the very beginning, with UDel a close 2nd. But back in November he started to become very interested in the big southern football schools. As we wait for the UMass decision, those schools have moved way up the list. At this point, I’m not even sure if UMass is in the top 3.

1 Like

My daughter is also readjusting but in a different direction. Her top two had been Delaware and URI but UMass is back on her radar now. We’re doing destination days at the three.

2 Likes

Back in December, my son received an email saying All Early Action decisions will be released before the end of January.
Still waiting …

4 Likes

Think we’ll see any EA notifications today??

My daughter is a sophomore at UMass, and when she applied EA two years ago she was admitted before Christmas with very good merit aid. My son has better numbers than my daughter (almost same GPA, +2 points on the ACT, and they went to the same high school). We just assumed he’d get in, but now we’re sweating this out (and wondering about merit aid).

5 Likes

I’d love to think so. (Still waiting here too for CS (OOS)…)

3 Likes

Nope. My kid’s #1 has been and remains UW in Seattle, but positions 2-4 have moved around a lot. Some of it has been “do I really want to spend four years in that town?” and some of it is being flattered by generous merit offers. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My son’s interest in the south started when South Carolina had that huge upset over Tennessee. We had already applied EA to South Carolina, but suddenly we were throwing in an application to Tennessee (and eventually to LSU). His logic makes sense…he’s a sports management major and many of those programs at the larger schools require you to work for the D1 teams in various capacities as part of your internships. He wants to work for the team that’s going to the playoffs, LOL.

1 Like

My oldest is at LSU as a Graphics Design major and loves it. The parent community there is 1st rate and really help watch out for each others kids.

2 Likes

Good to know, thank you! He’s been accepted and we’re touring on 3/18. I’ve heard the campus is really pretty.

It is. Feel free to ask any questions. Also, her roommate is from Shrewsbury and loves LSU

Awesome! My first question is about getting down there. Are you from the Northeast? I’m in NY and there are no direct flights to Baton Rouge. Most layovers are about 2.5 hours. Is it just easier to fly into New Orleans and Uber to the campus? Looks like it’s just a little over an hour? There are dozens of direct flights to New Orleans from my local airports every day.

1 Like

We are from DF/W; my youngest wants to go to school in the NE, hence my being in this group. Zoe’s roommate usually flies into Baton Rouge, but New Orleans is much cheaper, and you are right; only an hour away. A shuttle/uber costs about $100, so I would get a rental. Join the " Out of State LSU Tigers and Parents" on Facebook,

If you can get a room at the Cook on campus, I would stay there; recently remodeled and has a great staff. Also, right by the lakes. Make sure he checks out the UREC, it is one of, if not the nicest in the nation (see the LSU-shaped pool).

1 Like

@JoRy222

I’m from LA & would advise that you fly to NOLA since you have so many direct flight options. It’s an easy drive to LSU via Uber or rental. LSU is a great school! Good luck!!

1 Like