UMass Amherst Class of 2027 EA thread

My child has applied to some Carolina schools ea and our experience so far has been that in the ea round they send out a lot of deferrals because they really only have time to look at stats. No idea I this will be the case.

3 Likes

That is a lot !

1 Like

How may students got accepted?

2 Likes

Josh17 - No exact numbers yet, the Southern Schools have blown up with the number of EA applications this year. Clemson deferred a huge number EA, we suspect they had so many they did not have the manpower to read them all. Our high school in DC usually has approx. 34-40 apply with about 25 acceptances, only 3 got accepted so far this year, it’s shocking!

Southern schools have been flooded with EA applications. I also heard that some did not have enough manpower to read all of them.

1 Like

UMass had 24k early action applications last year and accepted 69.9% of them. Their overall acceptance rate for both early and regular admission combined was 63.5%.

5 Likes

From what I gather, UMass takes the holistic approach to every application unlike the Carolina schools which wasted my application fees looking at nothing but my transcript and test scores. Hoping that’s the case.

2 Likes

Someone said it usually release at 7pm, anyone hear anything?

1 Like

From the threads over past two years, it seems like UMass released in the afternoon (posts as early as 3pm) into evening. I doubt very much they released today. They said on IM that they would post on their socials when they release.

1 Like

I agree. It’s not coming out today.

2 Likes

Nothing. hope tomorrow.

2 Likes

South Carolina schools were overwhelmed with EA applications this year. First year for Clemson to offer EA on Common App. I heard they had so many applications they didn’t have time to review them all before the decision deadline and deferred a large percentage.

2 Likes

I’m starting to think that EA is the the new RD. The secret is out.

5 Likes

whose stats are these pls ? UMA or the southern schools someone has been mentioning here

how many more days ? Getting indefinite !!! And if we are not in the first batch then even more indefinite :frowning:

3 Likes

How does this batch thing work? Do they release by school applied to? Date of application? Or is it random?

This is my first go-around with college admissions and I’m so confused. The other 2 schools we applied to for EA already gave us decisions. Delaware was rolling (accepted) and South Carolina released all EA decisions yesterday (deferred).

2 Likes

Looking back over last year’s EA results, it seems like the batch releases are mostly random. Some people claimed that there seemed to be more results from specific schools in particular batches, or that the first few batches released were primarily acceptances and the last batch had a higher percent of rejections and deferrals. But other people disputed those ideas and said it was totally random. I think you have to assume it is random.

5 Likes

I am hopeful they will start first wave today. I don’t think they were releasing decisions on Friday in the past. It’s today or another week of waiting. They are taking their time this year.

3 Likes

My thoughts exactly. I don’t every recall seeing decisions on Fridays. Guessing perhaps the admin office is closed then?

1 Like

Also I cannot imagine how tedious it must be to do these releases. You would REALLY need to get it right!