UMass Amherst Class of 2027 EA thread

I did not check 2019, but 2 years ago 2020 they had first release on December 10th, followed by many smaller batches… Dec 14, 21…

2 Likes

The first wave in Dec 2019 (for class of 2020) was on Wed Dec 11.

1 Like

So could be tomorrow?

4 Likes

It should be sometime this week. They released decisions around 4:30 EST in 2019 so I think any late afternoon Tues-Fri.

1 Like

So are we suspecting that they’ll release a first wave anytime between tonight and Friday night?

6 Likes

Hopefully

My son applied to Isenberg EA as well and did not get an email. Hoping they release decisions soon.

2 Likes

The wait is getting too long ! When will they release. Also, do you necessarily receive an email once they release a decision for you ?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure they send you an email telling you to check your portal when the decision’s released. And yeah, they’re taking forever.

1 Like

My ds20’s experience was that he got an email and he was accepted in the first EA release, but I remember that others reported not getting an email and just finding out from checking their portal.

2 Likes

My daughters experience was she got a mass email on Sunday 12/8/19 stating decisions would be starting to roll out soon. She got an email on Wed 12/11/19 that her decision was in and to check the portal. I can’t believe the first wave is taking so long. I’d be shocked if it isn’t released in the next 3 days.

3 Likes

Hopefully being late means larger wave coming in soon maybe starting this afternoon. I am pretty sure you’ll find out right here when it starts unless you keep checking every hour.

4 Likes

Today is 14th, finger crossed!

2 Likes

Will it come out with honor program decision?

2 Likes

Yes honors and merit in the decision

6 Likes

Supposedly there were over 28000 EA Applicants which is causing a delay in the timing of decisions.

6 Likes

How many are there usually?

1 Like

There were 24,000 last year

3 Likes

do they really have enough time to read all essays?

How do you know this?

2 Likes