UMD - College Park Class of 2025 Regular Decision

Congrats to all the new Terps! :slight_smile:

My kid was accepted to Computer Science: Machine Learning. Do you know if students can change or add concentrations in the CS major if they decide to later on? Just trying to get a sense of the flexibility. Thanks!

Rejected

3.82uw
Good Ecs Good Essay
OOS

Out of state accepted stats:

3.7 uw
3.8 weighted
1410 sat
Hope this helps!

We applied to comp science also got “Global communities - Letters and sciences “ what’s the difference ?

Son just got accepted. Checked portal.
In State
Engineering/Electrical Engineering
4.7W GPA

reach/target
3.8PGA no test scores tons of work experience and extra curriculars

Accepted!!
OOS 3.75 uw
Test optional
Tons of ec

My daughter was admitted to Criminal Justice/Criminology, but no word about scholarships. Should that be in the letter?

1 Like

I’m in! Fall 2021, Scholar’s program, Letters and Sciences
Reach/target (kind of in between)
3.9UW/4.51W, 28 ACT, not-too-good ECs, good essay and LOR, in-state

1 Like

DS Admitted for Spring. Disappointing, as we are in-state.

1 Like

Can someone explain the difference between honors, scholars and carillon communities?
Thanks

2 Likes

HELP! I applied EA, was expecting a decision!But i just saw it said my application was sent November 28th? That doesnt make sense, i submitted through the commonapp on november 1st many hours before the deadline. I didn’t submit any additional materials besides an SAT I took after the deadline. It doesn’t make any sense and i’m so scared. I’m an instate student freaking out right now, what the heck. Everyone else says their applications were sent by the date, but mine was sent November 28th, 27 days after I started it? What ? Please give me advice.

1 Like

My son was freshman connection. Not a big deal. Best decision he ever made going to UMD. Plus, tuition is a few thousand $ less fall semester.

3 Likes

My son was admitted for fall.
Environmental Science and Policy
Carillon Communities (looking forward to learning more about that)
In-state, GPA 3.85 u/ 4.5 w, 1330 SAT

Has anyone been rejected or are only people who were accepted being notified

Admitted to Business School. In-state. 4.6w, 1480 SAT. Marginal ECs. Not offered any living/learning community.

Look at the bottom of the letter (below the signature) - should say major and advising college

1 Like

Accepted 3.67UW/3.84W, OOS, 1420SAT, Good ECs and Recos. Neuro major!

2 Likes

is that spring semester acceptance? My ds just got this. We are OOS, UMD is one of his top choices. Any advice you have is very appreciated!

out of curiosity what does it say under your major on the acceptance letter