UMD - College Park Class of 2025 Regular Decision

nowhere, I just hope they will come out then if they are releasing them in waves
Did anyone email them?

I did. Their instagram seems active too, idk if anyone wants to dm them haha

Son got in spring semester and we are Out of state.

Daughter got in, college park scholars? UW 3.9 W 4.2, ACT 33, 7 AP’s, rest honors, major economics/actuarial mathematics/whatever UMD offers for actuarial science. From NJ.

Accepted
NJ
Letters and Science → did not get into the business school rip.
3.81 UW

Freshman Connection students have classes later in the day and cannot participate in D1 sports. It only lasts for the first semester. Google UMD Freshman Connection

D21 OOS Admitted
Letters/Sciences (Business)
Carillon Community Invite.

Accepted
OOS
3.8 UW/4.3W
No test scores
11 APs, 12 Honors
3 sport athlete, volunteer work, local government
Communications major
This was a backup school

The instagram comments suggest quite a few applicants cannot see their decision

hi, i’m oos & was accepted for the spring semester 2022 instead of fall 2021. i’m a little disappointed but i’ve heard freshmen connection is still pretty solid, so i might consider it? did anyone else get spring instead of fall?
92 gpa
2 aps, 12 honors, 2 college classes
no test scores
two sport athlete & lots of extracurriculars

yes, I did

Son got into Letters/Science. He had applied for CS which is LEP but got in as undecided. Reading the LEP requirement for CS, it looks straight forward. Even if you are direct admitted, you have the same requirement as internal transfer to LEP. So what is the catch. Am i missing something?

I’m going to make a stab at this as I’m just learning myself. My son applied for CS and got Letters and Science Carilion Community. Majors are different than the learning community. Sounds like you were very qualified to be selected for Honors college over what my son got with Carilion? Not that Carilion’s bad though. Letters and Science is holding place for students with limited enrollment majors (like CS) who didn’t qualify for direct admit to their major - they can try go get into the major by meeting certain benchmarks and then hope to transfer. I’m still looking into this further since I don’t know how hard it is. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply! :smile:
I’m assuming transferring into CS later shouldn’t be that bad

There are probably 1,000 applicants who got a Spring Admission. I have never seen anyone on here express any regret about doing Freshman Connection

That’s what we are trying to figure out! Somewhere on the CS major page there is a list of the benchmarks to meet the major that might give you an idea of how hard it is.

There is NO Catch. As far as I know, Business is the ONLY LEP that has competitive Internal Transfers

1 Like

Google UMD Limited Enrollment Programs

CS LEP and FIRE

CS LEP criteria https://lep.umd.edu/cs-lep.pdf