UMD - College Park Class of 2025 Regular Decision

are you talking about AP courses in high school? Does UMD consider for LEP transfer?

Son is accepted for Aerospace Engineering and Honors college. OOS.

Son accepted, Biology, Honors College
In State
4.0 UW/4.5 W, IB Diploma + 3 APs
SAT 1420

so I am the most stupid of the applicants :frowning:

also where do we find out about honors? im so bummed about spring admission I might go cry

Has anyone here not received decisions? I havent and everything was received on time.

2 Likes

For the calculus requirement, I have taken AP Calculus BC and Multivariable Calculus for dual enrollment.

For the CS requirement, I took 3 classes in total including the AP and it says on the UMD website that there is an exemption test for those courses.

Daughter accepted
Journalism, College Park Scholars
OOS
3.8 UW/4.34 W, 9 APs/8 Honors level classes
SAT 1480

Don’t say that about yourself. I have been all over these boards the past few weeks, it is nerve wracking and can make you feel bad. I’m sure you have so much to offer and this is such a limited subset of people commenting here. I think the best advice I’ve heard along the way is “love the schools that love you back”. I’m sure it will all work out for you, believe in yourself and what you have to offer and stay positive!!!

6 Likes

I havent gotten my decision yet. Maybe it’s based on location? I’m from nyc. you?

1 Like

I’m an in-stater and all of my friends have gotten their decisions. I submitted my application like an hour before the deadline and I’ve noticed people who are having this problem have all submitted close to the deadline. Did u submit kind of last-minute?

What time did you find out?

No I’m pretty sure I submitted at least hours before if not the day before.

Relatively speaking, that is last minute :rofl:
I am pretty sure this has to do with timing; People who submitted them closer to the deadline receive their decisions this weekend or on Monday probably.

We are in IL and have not heard yet either. Submitted 10/21

1 Like

Interesting, 10/21 is quite a bit before the deadline. I also requested a major change earlier this month into Engineering. That might be causing my delay. If anyone else who sees this messaged hasn’t received their decision, let us know; we gotta figure this out lol.

The document deadline was nov 1. You sent a SAT score that you took after nov 1st right

For Honors College, it says we need to fill out our preference form for our Living-Learning Programs by Feb. 22, so does that mean we have to commit by that date?

Yes. However, their FAQ clearly states " Q: If I submit new test scores and/or application materials after the deadline I am applying for, will they be reviewed with the rest of my application?

Only materials postmarked by the deadline will be reviewed for admission. We cannot guarantee that new scores or materials postmarked after the deadline will be reviewed as part of the application."

It does not say if you do not submit an SAT by the document deadline, you will be deferred to regular decision

I submitted my November SAT score at the end of November, but I don’t think they updated my score submission date so I’m not sure if they considered it. My app submission date was still Nov. 1. I’m an in-state applicant too, so I don’t think it has anything to do with your SAT scores. Maybe call the admissions office and clarify with them?