UMD - College Park Class of 2025 Regular Decision

Thank you, this is what I was looking for. If it’s not my SAT, it can’t be anything else. I plan on calling them on Monday and have already sent an email. Since they say by Febuary 1st for decisions, I’m not TOO worried. I just hope something didn’t go wrong.

Also I have a question. What is your “Sent” date when you view details on your application portal. Mine is november 28th for some reason. And, is your “application complete date” on your checklist the date they received your SAT? They received my SAT December 7th and my application complete date is December 7th.

One of my daughter’s best friends got a Spring Admission and enrolled in Freshman Connection. She just finished getting her Master’s Degree at UMD and her boyfriend is getting a PhD at Yale.

You can be as successful as you want to be.

2 Likes

My cousin got admitted for spring time last year. You can do this thing called freshman connection during the Fall smester. It is literally the exact same thing as being admitted Fall. Like he could take all the classes that all of his peers took. Don’t be disappointed.

3 Likes

Does anyone know much about Carillon Communities? After getting deferred by OSU earlier today we were totally SHOCKED when she was accepted to UMD. We always thought it would be a huge reach. Anyway we are over the moon and wondering about this program and if anyone has had experience with it.

We are in NY…submitted 9/27. Nothing yet.

2 Likes

Did you receive a decision? My son’s Application Complete date is December 7th (when they received his transcript) and has not received a decision yet.

Same here

Nope. Still waiting. It’s funny, my application complete date is December 7th as well; When they received my SAT… If you don’t receive a decision over the weekend, call UMD Undergrad Admissions on monday. The fact that the transcript wasn’t received until that date might be an issue, but they will most likely be understanding.

No, you can choose what Honors program you like before committing to UMD. My daughter listed her honors choices last February but didn’t commit to UMD until May 1st.

3 Likes

Call admission office on Monday? We are in NY, submitted on Nov.1 and received result today.

The Priority (EA) Deadline was November 1. UMD may give a little slack but not until sometime in December.

Well I took my SAT twice, so I first submitted my September one along with my app on Nov. 1. My sent date for my score was like 9/23 or something and didn’t update after I sent my November score. My sent date for my application is November 1, and they removed my checklist after I received my decision so I’m not sure what my app complete date is, but I remember that everything was on or before Nov. 1.

1 Like

Alright thanks for the info. Going to call them on monday. I don’t know what’s up at this point. Basically all of my friends in Towson have received their decisions.

1 Like

Got in the fall term, but didn’t get CS got Letters and Science instead ;( (OOS)

1 Like

I’ve heard it’s very easy to transfer into engineering and science programs after a semester in letters and sciences. Congrats !

2 Likes

Does anyone know when they will let people know if they got into a pre-professional program?

1 Like

Pre-professional interests are not programs. If admitted to UMD, you will meet with an advisor before your freshman year begins to get you scheduled for classes that will met your pre-professional interests. For example, if you are in an engineering program but are interested in Pre-Med, you’ll be taking pre-med pre-requisites along with your engineering major.

1 Like

Unfortunately, we can’t control when his high school sends his transcript or guidance counselor letter of recommendation. DS submitted his application on October 26.

I was admitted into UMD under a conditional basis I have to go to a AAP Program and summer bridge program. I have to submit documents to determine my eligibility to the program (most just determining if my income is within the bracket.) I’m kinda conflicted whether I should treat this as an acceptance or not because I will be guaranteed fall admission when the program is finished in 6 weeks.
And I have to do a diagnostic test, I think that’s just determining the areas I need to work on. I hope there’s no threshold that needs to be met.

Has anyone else got this? Please help.