UMD - College Park Class of 2025 Regular Decision

Accepted, Honors College
Biological Sciences Major
ACT: 30
GPA: 4.13/4.4
6 AP’s (Bio-4, Lang-4, Lit, Chem, Gov, Macro)
630 SAT Subject Biology-Ecological
Out of state

That is true, but you may have to to have the Guidance Counselor call UMD to explain the delay. Thousands of other applicants did get all the required documents sent on time.

Also stats for future apps:
Admitted Summer Bridge
WGPA: 3.8
UW: 3.7
80 hrs of volunteer service
3/6 APs offered
Private school
In state
Major intended: Comp Sci
Major admit: AAP (basically undecided until summer program is finished.)

I’m sure the guidance counselor did the best he could, but I imagine it must be overwhelming for one guidance counselor to have to do this and meet every deadline for each college that over 500 students in the class are applying to.

I understand, my D’s senior class size was about 500 and it was a challenge to get all the required documents to each College on time. I wish you luck

I find it kind of hilarious that so many people are confused on scholars, carillon, limited majors, etc (us I ncluded). I think UMD has some better marketing work to do.

We are MD residents and my daughters status for tuition purposes is listed as OOS. Ha! I guess I should feel proud she got in as an “OOS’er” since that is much more difficult! Such a big headache.

I am also in IL and haven’t heard yet

What is showing as your “Application Complete” date?

My application complete date says November 1st and I still don’t see anything in my portal :frowning:

Trying to make sense of Spring 2022 admission offer-it did not mention any type of major that I will be accepted in. I applied for comp sci major/was hoping to get into ACES. Also, do spring admits get merit aid? So confusing…

After several deferrals this week, good news for my OOS (CO) son from Maryland!

Poli Sci Honors College plus got admitted into School of Music (for possible double major in Voice).

Stats: GPA 4.0/4.6, many AP classes, leadership positions, started Men’s Choir, strong ECs, letters of rec, NMSF

2 Likes

One of my friend’s daughter’s acceptance says OOS as well and they are in MD. My son’s thankfully is correct.

Does anyone know about the Carillon Communities?

password management is working now :slight_smile:

https://identity.umd.edu/id/newuser

Is the College of Computer Mathematical and Natural Sciences different from the college of letters and sciences? What is the difference?
Also, those of you who got into the honors/scholars program, did you specifically have to apply for that?

Information on Carillon Communities.

College of Letters and Sciences is just the advising college for undecided majors. If you don’t make it into a limited major you may be admitted in Letters and Sciences. In most cases it’s just a matter of meeting major requirements to transfer into the desired major. There are only so many spots initially available so not everyone gets a direct major admit into limited majors.

College of Mathematical and Natural Sciences is the advising college for majors such as Math, Biology, Chemistry, etc.

There is no separate application for Honors or Scholars. ALL decisions are based on your EA application

Thank you. Yes that makes sense.

Thanks. I assuume if there is no mention of that in the acceptance letter then you are not offered that.