UMD - College Park Class of 2025 Regular Decision

It has always been the last Friday in January the past few years

1 Like

Someone on the Facebook page has said that he’s just been accepted…has anyone heard back yet?

There is NO indication on any of UMD’s social media that decisions have been released

1 Like

Nothing here

Any chance we hear back today?

I’d say none. Maryland has been for many years always the last Friday in January. I have no expectation they’d change that.

Last year they had their terp bus go out the week before and give a few acceptances a week early to local kids. But doubt they’d do that this year due to Covid.

1 Like

High-stats kid applied to Maryland after EA deadline. Is there any chance of receiving any merit aid (or honors consideration) in the RD process? Or have we missed out on these totally? (We are in DC, not MD).

Fom UMD’s website:
"To be considered for merit scholarships, students must submit a completed undergraduate admission application for the fall semester by the November 1 early action deadline… "

Reach out to Admissions to be sure and good luck.

Yeah, I thought I read that EA was required for priority consideration for merit aid, but I guess no one gets merit aid in RD. It seems most people apply EA (for good reason). I guess chances of being admitted in RD are worse, too. I wish my child had realized that or that I had paid attention sooner.

Not sure if you know but your son may qualify for a tuition grant through the D.C. Tuition Assistance Grant Program (DCTAG), which, depending on what school you go to and what aid package you received, might lower your tuition to in-state rates.

Son opened portal this morning and mostly the same except the grey bar with the green submitted sign now says “Terps Application Portal - This Form does not use terms”
Anyone else have this or have any idea if that means decisions are soon?

We observed the same in my daughter’s portal. Also from the site, the EA decision is “By Feb. 1” which is on Sunday. In the previous years, the decision came out on the last Friday of January, so for this year, my guess is will be on Friday 1/29/2021.

Good luck !!!

1 Like

I also have that

1 Like

Have that, too. Is that new?

Hi, I am applying as an OOS student, are chances getting in to EA greater, less, or about the same?

Maryland is always the last Friday in January. Always. I would be shocked if it was anything before. They are probably just preparing the portals.

“Terps Application Portal - This Form does not use terms”

Does this mean anything ?

1 Like

At best it means they are starting to prep the portals for the decision next week. At worst it means nothing. But I wouldn’t expect decisions to come out before 1/29 at 4 pm.

My Ds portal says same thing.

1 Like

@Faithmartin3 - UMD (and all Maryland public Universities) have a requirement to maintain a student population that is approximately 70% In-State.

In general, UMD tends at admit about 12,000 students for a Freshman Class of about 4,000+