UMD - College Park Class of 2025 Regular Decision

I heard a rumor that folks who get into the scholars program may find out before general admission acceptances- maybe a few hours to a few days? Is there any truth to that?

1 Like

@CSJA2025 - I’ve been on this forum since 2013 and have never seen that happen.

Someone on Reddit found this out.
If you right-click on the portal website, and click on ‘view page source’. then do CRTL+F and type in ‘Accepted’. it will show this line: rules: {DECISION_ACCEPTED: “required”, DECISION_RESPONSE: “required”}

Im guessing this means an acceptance?

I just checked my portal and Reddit and I have it as well. I haven’t seen anyone not get an accepted message so I am unsure whether this is a reliable metric.

3 Likes

It’s placeholder code that will only show if they pass information to it to show it. So if you need to pay and your decision is required you’ll see it. If not you won’t. It’s the same for everyone.

I have a college advisor who said she heard decisions might come out today, could totally be a rumor just wanted to say something anyways

2 Likes

I think , this has been there for more than 2-3 weeks. Maybe more. I dont think it means anything

1 Like

It’s pretty unlikely that the decision will come out today, it’s likely to come the 29th around 4 pm.

1 Like

Does anyone know in years past, have they announced decisions coming on Twitter or Facebook in advance?

Last year they had the TerpBus go to local kids (like 10 of them) a week before, but on 1/31 they said on twitter at 4:52pm the decisions were out. That seems to be about an hour after they release them.

If they were doing the TerpBus it would be this weekend. I can’t imagine they will because of Covid though.

This is last year Twitter post on Jan-31 which is Friday
So most likely next Friday Jan-29 then ?

https://twitter.com/ApplyMaryland/status/1223363431279091713?s=20

I still think the decision will come out on last Friday of January based on previous years but don’t mind if it’s coming out today. So, we will find out in about 3 hours.

Good luck to all the kids who apply to UMD.

Go Terps !!!

1 Like

Yes, historically for the past few years it’s always the last Friday in January. I can’t imagine in the year of Covid with no test scores and likely an increase in applications like all other schools are seeing that would be different. If anything they are probably more down to the wire than normal.

For the last 2 years at least, the weekend before, a Terp bus goes around congratulating 5 to 10 students. So if they decide to continue that it will be this weekend.

What is Terp Bus ?

A bus owned by University of MD. On the bus, there was the mascot and other people from the school and they would stop at different accepted student’s house and congratulate them. Now that I think about it, it would be hard to do with covid. Here it is on Twitter last year

https://twitter.com/UofMaryland/status/1221175672485400579?s=20

1 Like

The university tweeted that their mascot was hosting some virtual meetings this weekend to share some good news. In the tweet it says, “I wonder what it is?!” This was tweeted under APPLY MARYLAND.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/applymaryland/status/1352994497257500672?s=21

1 Like

Well that is nice, guess it isnt my son. He would have loved to get the TerpBus!