UMD - College Park Class of 2025 Regular Decision

This is UMD forum not NEU :slight_smile:

I’m so sorry!

Does anyone know when scholarships come out for EA

I made a guess for this year’s scholarship dates here:

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/t/umd-class-of-2025-banneker-key-and-other-scholarships/3499192/6?u=ttb1263

They say by March 1, so sometime in the next 3 weeks.

1 Like

I just got notified that I was a Banneker/Key Semifinalist!

9 Likes

Did you get notified via email or portal?

Congratulations. That is a great honor to be a finalist

I received an email and there was also a portal update with my interview date.

2 Likes

Congratulations by the way !!!

Fantastic! Congratulations! If B/K still works the way that it has in past years, you have won at least a significant partial scholarship. Everyone who shows up to the interview becomes a finalist and once your award is chosen by the committee (full or partial), you become a Banneker Key Scholar!

1 Like

I wonder if only Honors qualifies…not Scholars. Looks like the partial is just $12K a year OOS. My daughter is in Scholars…so I guess if there is merit, it will be minimal. Yikes. The program sounds great but my bank account just went down.

Below is the amount of partial B/K for MD’s resident and OOS in 2019-2020:

Partial Banneker/Key Scholarship Resident ------------- Non-Resident
Banneker/Key Amount: -------------$8,000 ----------------- $12,000
Book Allowance Amount : --------- $1,250 ------------------ $1,250
-------------------------Total: ------------$9,250------------------ $13,250

1 Like

I believe only honors students were considered for the B/K scholarships

That is correct.

I have still heard of non-Honors people getting significant partial scholarships. Don’t give up hope yet! It’s a crapshoot and you have to apply to a wide variety of colleges to increase your chances. (My DD applied to 9, some with guaranteed merit. 9 was our limit!)

Everyone who applied EA is eligible to be considered for a President’s Scholarship. They range from $2,000 to $12,500 per year. I do not know how many they award.

Just for future reference for everyone, my friend had a 1400 on the SAT and mediocre ECs and he still got an interview for Banneker Key. I got a 1520 SAT and had pretty decent ECs and I didn’t get an interview. We are both in-state and we go to the same school.

Maybe your friend applied test-optional with a very high GPA?

No he submitted his scores.