UMD - College Park Class of 2025 Regular Decision

Anyone get a merit notification today? Hearing rumors that it was released.

Nope

Not me

Some students have said they can now view merit aid in the FinAid portal. They see a line for any federal loans, etc. as well as another line for merit aid. The amount is there, but no details (no mention of dean/presidential/etc.). I think UMD is starting to enter pieces of information since it’s a lot to do… and since official notices will go out in a couple of days.

Again, since this is new, there’s a very good chance that not everyone who will receive merit aid will see in the FinAid portal right now… but I know for a fact that it’s there for some students.

I think your student will need to have created a login/directory ID (by going through the steps that newly admitted students were asked to take) in order to access FinAid. Here’s a link to the login page:
https://financialaid.umd.edu/my-finaid-account

Also, if your student is able to login to the FinAid portal, then he/she can click on the “Financial Aid Offer” tab to see what’s been awarded. Again, they probably have NOT completed this for everyone. And if you click on the “Print” feature, it won’t show up there. So this is a work in progress, but I know many are impatient! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks for the link. My daughter logged in and saw another column with with the amount of “unknown” item. The total is more than $5.5K loan so I’m guessing this the “unknown” amount is scholarship.

3 Likes

Congrats to your daughter!

It’s not a sure thing yet :rofl: :joy: so at this point, I’m just looking like we will only get 5.5k loan + we are in-state, so the amount is VERY small :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

My son just logged in and saw the $5500 unsub loans plus another $12,500 which we assume is merit. Thanks for the link!

3 Likes

I’m guessing you are OOS?

1 Like

if they are in state that’s a windfall!

Congratulations! In-state or OOS?

Every little bit is helpful… congratulations!

3 Likes

OOS environmental econ

3 Likes

My son just logged in and saw the $5500 unsub loans plus another $5,000

3 Likes

My daughter logged in and didn’t see anything (we are OOS). For those who see something, can you share stats? Were your kids TO?

for those not seeing anything, does the text say “financial aid has not been created yet”?

Congratulations!

that’s what mine says

My son was accepted to CS honor, in state
GPA 4.0UW/4.77W, ACT: 36, 10APs(most 5),
some ECs, 3 club captain (including varsity sport)

@edjuus My daughter’s says " Below is your financial aid offer as of 2/24/2021." I assume she’s not getting any merit.