UMD - College Park Class of 2025 Regular Decision

I logged in and saw the $5500 loan amount, but my offer has an additional $8000 added to it. There wasn’t another row with any merit information, so I’m not sure if that’s my merit aid.

1 Like

My daughter never set up an account, she just did, how long after you set up an account where you able to log in?

My daughter has the unknown amount of $2000, which puts UMD EFC significantly higher than a lot of other public schools. Could it possibly be FA?

I just refreshed my portal, and it shows that I’ve received $8000 as a President’s Scholarship recipient!

4 Likes

When you say refresh what does that mean. Does that mean you checked 30 minutes ago and it wasn’t up and now it is up for you?

Yes, but it’s most likely not out for everyone yet since they have not sent out emails to everyone.

So far just the regular loan 5500 no merit, hope that changes :frowning:

My daughter just told me she got an email that she received the presidential scholarship, $8000 spread out over 4 years?

1 Like

got the same email and I’m OOS

1 Like

i think the amount might be different for different students, i got 20k over 4 years.
"The President’s Scholarship provides four-year awards ranging from $2,000 to $12,500 per year. "
Looks like the highest is 50k

1 Like

We just got the email saying our Financial Aid is ready. No merit. Buh Bye UMD.

1 Like

Same, no merit glad my daughter didn’t love UMD that much

2 Likes

Ok I’m going through this with #4 and #5, I have always let my kids do the legwork. My daughter applied to SUNY Binghamton (40% acceptance rate), and merit brought it down to $27,000 a year OOS. It’s the least expensive so far (UMD OOS is the highest by far, 44% acceptance rate).

1 Like

Immediately. Follow the link above to the financial aid page.

Mine was $32k over 4 years, $8k per year. Perhaps it’s varying in amount for every person.

Any in-state people hear back about scholarships?

I’m in-state, and I received an email about my merit aid about an hour ago.

I got President’s Scholarship of $50k over 4 years, and so did a friend of mine. I’m not sure how rare scholarships of this amount are at UMD for an out-of-state student, can someone let me know because I might be strongly considering UMD.

1 Like

Just got the email that I was offered the President’s Scholarship - 50k over 4 years! OOS but thats gonna put a pretty significant dent in the cost of tuition

3 Likes

I got my financial aid package this morning but I didn’t get an email saying its ready. What does that necessarily mean???