UMD - College Park Class of 2025 Regular Decision

Are you oos

yes

I haven’t received my FA package. Anyone else?

Are there any in state students who got scholarship?

My daughter received email from UMD - President’s scholarship 20K over 4 years. We are in-state so UMD is very affordable now compare to all other schools D applied.

3 Likes

My son received email from UMD - President’s scholarship 20K over 4 years.

in state

3 Likes

My son received an email from UMD but received no merit. We are in state and he was accepted into the Honors College for Mechanical Engineering. Pretty surprised he didn’t get any merit at all. Our EFC is pretty high so perhaps they felt we didn’t need it?

When did you get email? We haven’t received anything yet and portal says it’s pending.

He received it within the past hour.

@Mjkacmom Congratulations on Binghamton! My son is there and is very happy.

1 Like

I just received my package and I’m really disappointed. I’m not sure if I want to go anymore, my family makes less than 30,000 a year and they expect me to pay 21,000 a year. I wasn’t expecting a lot of merit but I got barely any need based grants I only got the pell which was a little over 3,000. Was there a misunderstanding or something? Any guidance would be helpful. Do other grants come out later or?

That’s what I am seeing for my daughter too. Hope it changes. UMD is her top choice

1 Like

Thank you. Appears they are rolling this out slowly.

I am so sorry to hear that. It is very disappointing. I recommend you call the financial aid office to discuss. Also, talk to your admissions officer. Hopefully they can provide you with a more viable solution. Good luck. I hope everything works out for you!

2 Likes

Just received an email that my financial aid package is ready. Logged into the FinAid portal but so far I only see $5500 as an Unsub Direct Loan under the “Financial Aid Offer” tab. Is it safe to say that I didn’t get any merit aid? Or is this information still being rolled out?

On what basis does UMD provide scholarships vs admission to major? I got the 50k pres scholarship but was rejected from my major (biochem) and admitted to L&S. Im oos btw

My daughter got an email her aid is ready. I can’t figure out where to go to see it. I’ll figure it out though. You’d think they’d send you a letter or note saying if/what you got.

Oh why do I have to be the last person to find out if they gave any merit? We are still waiting.

Are merit notifications separate from the aid email?

I think your student will need to have created a login/directory ID (by going through the steps that newly admitted students were asked to take) in order to access FinAid. Here’s a link to the login page:
https://financialaid.umd.edu/my-finaid-account

Also, if your student is able to login to the FinAid portal, then he/she can click on the “Financial Aid Offer” tab to see what’s been awarded. Again, they probably have NOT completed this for everyone. And if you click on the “Print” feature, it won’t show up there. So this is a work in progress, but I know many are impatient! :slight_smile:

1 Like