UMD - College Park Class of 2025 Regular Decision

I believe you are correct!

i still have not recieved any notice of merit scholarships, only financial aid. i am shocked i haven’t received any merit considering i was accepted into the honors college. does this mean it’s too late to receive notice of merit?

If you did not get an email for merit, unfortunately, that means you didn’t get any. Merit and financial aid were sent last week.

Most students in the Honors College do not get Merit Scholarships

2 Likes

Where would I check to see if I received any scholarships/money? Would it be an email or in the portal?

There’s a financial aid portal but you would have gotten an email as well. Only, and i may be overstating, 20% get merit.

My son received an email for merit. It was also updated on Terps Portal.

1 Like

I know one of Banneker/key interview day is today, any other days?

March 1

you D might get the President’s Reward?

Yes, she received the $5K/yr President award.

1 Like

Check “Checklist” on the portal. Also check junk folder in case the email was landed there.

1 Like

are you sure? I know that not every honor college student gets B/K scholarship, but being a honor college student they would most likely gets some President or Dean’s scholarship, correct?

I am sure. All scholarships were awarded last week and all of the 3,000 or so students admitted to the Honors College did not get scholarships.

1 Like

@ttb1263 - your daughter is admitted to Honor College and she got the President Scholarship correct?

thanks for the info!

My son was admitted to the Honors College and didn’t get anything. We are in state

Yes, she was admitted to Honors college and received President’s scholarship.

1 Like

Was this EA or RD?

Congratulations! For reference: my oos student gets into Fire only but awarded a $8000/yr President Scholarship. I guess UMD might be trying to spread the rewards (honor/scholoar and scholarship) to broad range of students.

1 Like