UMD - College Park Class of 2025 Regular Decision

EA only I believe.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if UMD has sent out any information about BK interview times and events? My interview is on Wednesday and I haven’t received any emails or info from them.

Congratulations to you and your son. What is his planned major?

That is a little scary. I honestly remember that my DD didn’t get a ton of information last year either, when it was in-person. She knew what time to show up in the morning and got more specific information very close to the date.

1 Like

Thanks! Yes, he applied and got admitted to CS.

Hi! I just had my BK interview today. They sent out a link to me Saturday morning.

1 Like

How did the interview go? How long was it?

My interview was around 25 minutes. The actual question part of the interview was only around 15 minutes, and I asked the interviewers about 10 minutes worth of the questions.

There were two interviewers (both professors) but they weren’t necessarily related to my major. It was a little bit more in-depth than your usual alumni interview since the interviewers will have read your application and CA essay. So be prepared for some slightly tough questions and know why you want to be a Terp!

when is your interview?

Thank you so much for the info. This is my first college interview so I’m really nervous.

My interview is tomorrow I don’t know what time yet.

I think it is still possible to get merit scholarships if you were admitted to the Honors College. My daughter was admitted to Honors and received the President’s scholarship.

On Feb 26,

@tsbna44 - Stated

"All scholarships except B/K are out. If you were invited for that, you were made aware.

They came in a separate email (scholarships in general) based on what people on the board said.

And I spoke to admissions yesterday who confirmed all merit money was disbursed on Wednesday.

So likely you’ll just see the loan when it pops up."

Okay, update from my post. Daughter has since received her letter or acceptance (postmarked 2/29 and we are in state!), gotten an email from her major department and gotten the lawn sign :slight_smile: Yay UMD … now just hoping for some sort of graduation for my current Terp.

6 Likes

Congrats !!!

Congratulations to her! Did she get only her letter? Or was it filled with goodies and such? I just got my lawn sign today due to the delay in mail.

Just letter … took a month to get here and we are in Towson! We really don’t want the swag, just follow up from her major and some info sessions. Which we have gotten now so I’m happy about that.

We still have not received any letter but received the lawn sign last week.

I still haven’t heard anything from UMD, I applied RD, should I just expect to hear back by the end of April? I submitted at the end of December if that affects anything

The UMD website says that Regular Decision Release date is “by April 1”

1 Like