UMiami ED2 Class of 2025

who application

whole*

this is what my dad texted me right after he called “ Yes. I called. They have what they need now, and said that you will be getting a notification tomorrow but it will state that your file is still under review. She said 1/2 of the applicants for ED have the same response ie missing docs and that it will NOT affect their decision. Just will take a little longer to process. You will not get a final decision tomorrow. They won’t provide until they have the full package in place. The decision + any aid they can provide”

will those that did not apply for financial aid be receiving a final decision

yes

Then basically the ones who has missing files in the fin aid will get deferred to regular decision? I mean, as they mentioned mid-late February means they are committed to that deadline right? Then it does not make sense for them to stall the decisions till after February. I guess they will give a conditional acceptance/rejection to those who are missing the files?

This is disappointing because I got the email to submit additional documents through College Board’s IDOC just yesterday. If those documents were so necessary to receive financial aid package, they should have requested them way earlier and not during the week of decisions.

1 Like

Kind of like they didn’t look at these in January before deciding on EA.

@user_365689 you are an EA admit so what do you think? Was it the same during EA if you applied for Fin Aid?

I got in EA and I got my financial aid with my decision and I didn’t get anything about IDOC

1 Like

Maybe it will only be delayed for people missing css

I got In EA and got financial aid with the decision but there were plenty of people who got in and still haven’t received financial aid or just did but everyone got their decision so I don’t think they are withholding

3 Likes

But everyone will receive the decision tomorrow financial aid department and admissions are two separate things so you will even know your merit scholarships by tomorrow too

But it’s definitely not going to be 1/2 of people or they would’ve personally emailed or sent a mass email or updated their site because that’s a whole new process

Goodluck to everyone tomorrow! We got this!

1 Like

We’ll just have to wait and see tomorrow :upside_down_face:

Do u guys know if a lot of people get waitlisted from umiami?

From what I was reading on the common data set, it was roughly 700 ppl

Where do you get the common data set

If u google university of Miami common data set it’s the first link

1 Like