UMich Ann Arbor Early Action Fall 2023

I also know that a family friend’s daughter did not do the EOCI because she had decided on another college and then still got accepted to UMich in March.

3 Likes

Ross Decisions come out next Friday, the 17th. Seems like there is usually a batch on RD decisions before Ross does their first batch. Anyone else think they’ll be some acceptances tomorrow?
(I’d think only RD - seems too soon for anyone they just postponed 2 weeks ago. I’d think this would mostly be for applicants who applied after the EA deadline, but before the Feb. 1 deadline.)

1 Like

For sure!

1 Like

My son,a current Ross junior, got postponed in December and got into Michigan and Ross in February 2020.

6 Likes

Not recently. Last year, Michigan “squeaked out” a few instate acceptances post-1st batch of Ross.

4 Likes

That makes sense, because that was pre-pandemic. Michigan released EA in December 2019 for the 2019-2020 cycle.

1 Like

Daughter ended up in Ford with Ross minor. Hard to get into Ross minor, small class less than 100 is my understanding. She has 4.0 at time of application to Ross minor.

1 Like

Oh wow! Good info! I haven’t paid as much attention since my daughter got in which was the last December (2019) year. I didn’t realize they hadn’t been doing any RD decisions before the first batch of Ross. I’m guessing that means higher odds for those who apply EA. My niece did and she said they told them at the Ross session she went to at her campus visit, that if you want Ross you should apply EA. Makes even more sense now.
(But, if your student is highly qualified and applied RD, don’t worry, I’m sure they know how this works and they save the number of spots they know they usually fill with RD.

1 Like

Received email stating some financial aid documents need to be completed and guiding to the new and prospective student tab via Wolverine access. Here it states CoE FA 2023 (which DD got into early for CS) but it also states UG Business FA 2024. Does this mean DD got into combined Ross with CoE?

1 Like

Are you checking the application status tab? It will list the applications you submitted—CoE , Ross both. Did your check Award summary or Award status tabs? , those will show the financial award status, S applied for LSA and Ross, but only see 2024 LSA award so far.

Does anyone think they know when the first batch of RD decisions will come out?

Last year, Michigan didn’t really do any batches or waves outside of some very small in state drops. I wouldn’t expect anything before late March.

4 Likes

If it were me or my kid that was deferred, then I’d be poking around here on or about Friday, February 25th. But with lowered expectations.

However, as @CCName1 mentions above, the much higher probability of a decision would be late March.

3 Likes

So every year you will hear one kid or two being accepted in dribbles here and there. It’s real. This site is a microcosm of the real world. It all comes down to how many actually submit and commit during the EA year process. This is the unknown. Stay positive and don’t wait to look at all your options and investigate them. This is just one of many excellent schools.

4 Likes

In fairness, there were somewhat predictable waves in the past, when the EA announcement was in December. For whatever reason, Michigan seems to be moving away from waves and having (almost) only an EA and an RD release.

Of course, they could reverse course this year and have a release Friday. Anything is possible!

2 Likes

And one thing I’ll add is that there are more schools than just CoE, LSA and Ross, even though they’re mentioned here all the time. Nursing, Kinesiology, SMTD, Architecture, STAMPS, etc. may or more likely not have RD releases at the same time as the other 3.

That’s why there may be “drips and drabs.”

4 Likes

Bingo… Lol

Where is this? In the portal?
Or in the financial aid section?

Many ask about Ann Arbor… In general so…

8 Likes

In wolverine access - is anyone that is defferred seeing scholarship availabilities that you are able to check off?