UMich Ann Arbor Early Action Fall 2023

Did your son get into U Michigan?

Nope. Waitlisted twice.

Did your daughter audition for dance team too? Congrats! That is amazing news.

Has anyone else been offered a spot in SMI for winter start? My daughter received the email today. Would love to connect with others.

Can’t speak to SMI for 2024,
but my child is currently in SM and I can’t say enough good things about the program. If your child had a real desire to work in the SM field you can’t do better than UM. I would take any opportunity offered.

1 Like

It is an interesting opportunity but not guraneeted housing. I would highly recommend going Co op housing and apply early. North campus usually has openings but there are like 12 houses. On north it’s like a outdoor camp atmosphere and very cool. Game rooms, hammocks, bikes to rent. Bomb fire and you get a cook to boot. So most of your meals, internet etc are paid for. You get your own room and will meet lots of people. Very laid back. The other housing tends to fill up but these start and end with the school year and are cost effective.

My son stayed at Escher his senior year during the pandemic on North.

https://icc.coop/housing/our-houses/

Hello! She is more artistic and prefers infusing classical ballet with contemporary dances, so I’m not sure about the Dance Team. I hear it is one of the best!

Happy to report that our daughter was offered Jan admission to Kines school through MAES! We are all very excited and she is seriously considering. She had accepted University of Florida which has a great kinesiology program as well (and warm weather and lower tuition) - but U FL is still not UMich!

6 Likes

This is true and it’s a fantastic program at Michigan. With the political climate in Florida I personally would not be sending my daughter there. Not trying to sidetrack this but I know many families that just said no to Florida.

Congratulations!

8 Likes

I think a lot of states are going to be just swapping a lot of kids. I know several families here in Michigan who are actually sending kids to Florida because political environment here is so bad. Hopefully all the kids get to a place they feel comfortable and engaged in beneficial learning opportunities.

6 Likes