UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Most of the merit you have to apply for from what I understand.

So I could find out in 2 weeks if I am admit or deny?

2 totally different schools and should be 2 totally different Loci like not even close so don’t copy and paste.

Lots of the general themes can be many things like what kind of students do you want to study with. Culture fit and feel, etc. How are you going to be an active participant on campus. How will you bring change?

It’s not all “. I will go here if accepted”. How many times do you think they hear that? Maybe for Michigan end with Go Blue
 But not at Harvard :rofl:

Good Luck

1 Like

I wouldn’t bet on it at all. The releases will follow usually the Ross business school releases that have been posted ad nauseum on here. Think it’s Mid February. Lol
 Ha
 Guess that is like on 2 weeks
 :rofl:

1 Like

I know there have been several posts about the additional steps requests for postponed students, but I am still unclear as to whether everyone receives the same instructions. . . .
On my son’s portal, in the center under “Messages”, it states “Decision Postponed”, followed by this text:

We have decided to postpone making a decision on your application at this time and your application will be moved into our regular decision pool for consideration. Your high school counselor should submit any new fall-term grades that are available on your behalf through the Common Application/Coalition Application.

All final admissions decisions of admit, deny, or waitlist will be made no later than early April.

If you’d like to know more about the postponement process, you may find our FAQs for Postponed Applicants webpage helpful.

To the left, under “Action Items”, it states “Verify Continued Interest”, followed by this text:

The Expression of Continued Interest form is voluntary and is not required for us to consider your application in our decision process.

Historically, some applicants to the University of Michigan have sent additional documents or letters to us after submitting their applications. These items are generally meant to express continued interest or to let us know about new achievements on the applicant’s part. If you have additional information you would like to share with us about yourself, you can do so by submitting our Expression of Continued Interest form. This is the only method by which we will accept new application information from you.

Is this what EVERYONE who was postponed sees in their portal, or are the messages somehow customized, ie., there are various instructions for different applicants, as someone suggested was the case in the past?

Just trying to clarify since it seems many have the same question as I do. . . .

When I read that link it seems every EA applicant either gets admitted or deferred? Also says they will hear by early April. Could be sooner?

We have that too.

1 Like

Many got rejected also already. But yes, you can hear sooner then April. Also you can get wait listed

That’s exactly what my son has in his portal.

1 Like

Same message/instructions in portal.

1 Like

I am unaware of any rejections either on this thread or anecdotally. My daughter (OOS) knows dozens of students who applied, she knows 2 who were accepted and the rest postponed, including the 2 valedictorians of her HS (postponed).

So follow their instructions. Send what they ask for. They created the loci since people were sending in more information anyway. The loci is optional. But I don’t like what ifs. If my kid their sending in the loci. But sending in grades also shows continued interest. This is also used as a weed out since many student won’t continue on for many reasons.

1 Like

You can debate this as much as you care to. On here you won’t see them. It’s rare. I n the real world. There were rejections.

3 Likes

DS was asked only for LOCI, didn’t ask for grades to be submitted

1 Like

Not debating at all - just discussing.

2 Likes

Some letters might be asked for different things. That’s normal. Some kids they want to make sure their grades aren’t slipping and still doing well and others they are just judging their true interest in the school.

3 Likes

Best of luck with your RD decisions
FYI, my son is a freshman at Purdue FYE. He didn’t apply to the other schools you mentioned or even Umich for Engineering since Umich COE has a 30% retention rate. He loves Purdue and is doing amazingly. Expects to go into Aerospace/Astronautics Engineering next year. :crossed_fingers:t2:

6 Likes

Whoops! This was a reply to an earlier response
sorry.

Yes, thanks. Postponed UM (Ross application). UNC acceptance complete surprise.

Why does Purdue like to come here to take our applicants away? One of my close friends is one of the main people on the Purdue threads where her daughter is currently at but where do you get Michigan has a 30% retention rate for Coe? Please post this fact. No sure where your getting this from