UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

I think definitely waves. My D19 was deferred EA (but that was when EA was in December), and then there were several waves of admits. She was at one of the last waves. It was very stressful!!

Anything is possible. Usually mid-April.

There have always been waves of acceptances in the past for postponed EA applicants, so I think the consensus is that there will continue to be waves this year. And, in the past, postponed candidates didnā€™t start receiving rejections until April.

1 Like

Thank you! Hopefuly he will get merit scholarship even though he didnā€™t apply any. On the portal there is a link to register for the campus day with fee waiver.

1 Like

Yes this. 10 year studies especially in engineering are basically the same with MIT being the outlier. Many here will be amazed at how many of their friends turned down the Ivys, MIT, etc to be at Michigan.

2 Likes

There is a button on the portal for us to register for the campus day. You can check this link out: Campus Day | University of Michigan Office of Undergraduate Admissions Also call up admissions to see if they can provide you with the travel funds. Good luck!

3 Likes

Just to clarify. Waves or days of acceptance follows usually the Ross acceptance in Feb, March and April unless they do something different this year which I doubt.

Michigan basketball is having a rough go this year and playing Michigan State now. Gotta go check that out. BšŸ€

1 Like

One correction 1560 SAT

Also one more thingā€¦ I am not trying to play moderator but if giving ā€œfactsā€ please support them with a link (Michigan Coe doesnā€™t have 30 retention rate geez) but also once again be kind. No one should be asked to drop their application just because they got accepted to another school. There many many decisions that go into this. Be happy for someone else. If 5,000 students pulled out today itā€™s not going to help your chances. There is some luck in this when there will be something like 80,000 applications if history proves correct.

Take a day or two and write a good loci if your going to. Send in whatā€™s requested of you. Wish others good luck in their journey. I am a believer that the good juju comes back to you.

13 Likes

Like 4 years ago a CS team from Michigan went to MIT. They won the Hackathon thereā€¦ So thereā€™s thatā€¦ Lol :sunglasses:

5 Likes

D22 F, W, OOS

Deferred for CS

4.0 UW
1st in class of 600+, very solid but not elite HS (ranked 18 of 110 in the region)
1580, 800 Math 2 9th grade
7 AP 5ā€™s to date, 5 more this year
3x AIME qualifier
Presidential Scholar Candidate
Math teacher, head of dept., shared ā€œtop 10 of my 25 year careerā€ LoR
Essays unknown.

I wonder whether demonstrated interest weighed in. Sheā€™s been focused on MIT/CMU/Stanford with Purdue as her ā€œbackupā€ (accepted, Honors. And yes, she had OSU/PSU as actual safeties). So Mich/GT/Cornell didnā€™t get much love.

There was already doubt whether UM accept would move ahead of Purdue, so Iā€™ll be curious to see how much effort goes into the ECI form, if any.

2 Likes

And to add, not every deferred applicant hears a decision on 2/18/22 (my speculative date), for example. Each wave of RD decisions are unique and will have a X amount of the remaining portion of the RD.

So, there will be EA deferred, noe RD, and RD applicants waiting until 3/18 or 4/15 for an answer to their app. If those dates are indeed correct, but Iā€™m assuming so for now.

Is this for everyone or just for the people who got in?

Why was the GC expecting it?

We donā€™t have numbers for this year, but last year EA were about 55,000 apps and RD apps were 25,000 in round numbers.

1 Like

Just adding that here on CC, we didnā€™t see rejections until April. Not sure whatā€™s happening in the ā€œreal world.ā€ :rofl:

We didnā€™t know UMICH is out yesterday as we were on road. D22 got accepted ( OOS, BME Major).

12 Likes

Went to the Citi Field event for '19 class (for son) - it was a lot of fun and Wilpons were very gracious hosts. Not happening anymore I guess with new ownership :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You do realize that this is a Michigan forum and thereā€™s no data to support your claim of a 30% retention among engineering students.

What data we do have is that Michigan has one of the best freshman retention rates among its peer schools at 97%. See exhibit 4.2.

https://obp.umich.edu/wp-content/uploads/pubdata/almanac/Almanac_Ch4_Mar2021.pdf

And CoE at Michigan is the 2nd largest school, so that 30% # would appear embellished.

3 Likes

Letā€™s not take their intention and frame it in a nasty way. The students who suggested that, was in all good faith of everyone. That way those aiming for umich would have a higher chance of getting a seat, because that way some people would given up seats because they have found a suitable ivy or their dream uni already and are happy . This by no means , means that the ones suggesting this are not happy for others. Itā€™s just a suggestion that may be of some help for those who know they dont need a seat at umich anymore and are there in the line only to see whether they get in and have no genuine reason like merit , aid or any other reason. No one asked or forced anyone to leave their much deserved place at umich. Letā€™s respect the suggestions that people are making and not assume that they carry ā€˜unkindā€™ intentions towards others. Cannot moral police anyone on what should be said or not. This is a place for open discussion so let opinions flow without judgement.

5 Likes