UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

You sorta sound like you know stuff, @knowsstuff :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Like, maybe you work for admissions?? :wink:

Do only certain people get requests for loci?

Ha and no

You can also talk to admissions if there is some confusion but

1 Like

Either this is a brand new thing this cycle, they applied to one of the smaller schools at Michigan or the applicant could be confused between postponed and waitlisted. That’s my take.

2 Likes

I haven’t heard of anyone being wait listed now this cycle. It would be all over Reddit etc. This is truly unique.

1 Like

This Facebook group seems to be more " real" and has a long history from what I can see:
University of Michigan Prospective Parents | Facebook

From my experience with my daughter last year there are a lot of instagram accounts, FB pages that may be more marketing driven rather than run by parents. Any FB group that is run by " Humans of University " for example is sketchy.

So, on your portal, there is a place that you can attach the LOCI ? Not just a box request for 250 words?

I just have the box request for 250 words

Does that mean applicants who only need to submit their LOCI have a higher chance of getting in than those who have been asked to submit their senior year grades and/or additional letters of recommendations?

Did people get a link to a different “what does Postponed mean” page with different “what should I do next” items? It seems pretty clear.

Fill in the 250 word LOCI box. Or don’t. Your choice.
Send mid-year report with latest grades. Or don’t. Your choice.
Send both, or one, or the other, or neither. Your choice.
Send nothing else.
Wait.

Who is asking for additional letters of recommendation?

1 Like

Are people being asked for different things? Like LOCI, grades etc?

The moderators are aware of the other group. I would join a group sponsored by The University of Michigan as you suggest.

But
 I never joined one in my kids 4 years
 Lol

1 Like

My daughter is only asked to send additional information/any new achievements. She had applied to LSA.

Does UMich Engineering offer merit scholarship? Did anyone get it in this thread?

TIA

That’s weird. We have a space for 250 words LOCI

Agreed. They said their preference is to receive only ECI and grade updates. They said ECI is NOT required and used a bold “NOT”.

I kind of think they don’t have time to read so many ECIs, not sure how helpful it would be from what was posted in the Postponed Applicants FAQ

I think if you check your portal, they don’t send the email notification

My application was postponed from LSA, so now Ross won’t see my application at all until they make a decision. Michigan’s my dream school and I want to convey that. I’m wondering if the LOCI is an appropriate place to show that?