UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Agree! I would have to think that such a late date would impact their yield. So, if they’re really concerned about yield, then they’d be shooting themselves in the foot by making ~70K applicants wait that long.

4 Likes

Me too :grinning:

1 Like

@UMich23Mom reported a “commitment” in post 4129. Although, I guess they really didn’t commit to something other than that from a date perspective. :thinking:

So many Ross questions so here’s some reading material. Read slowly. You got till the 18th… :open_book:

https://michiganross.umich.edu/programs/bba/admissions-blog/2018/01/30/inside-look-how-we-make-bba-admissions-decisions

I was originally planning on throwing a high school graduation party for my daughter…Now I’m inclined to first throw a college application/decision process done party (this may be more for myself) … and then later on still a graduation one…I’m guessing I won’t be alone in throwing a celebration when this is finally done and sealed :slight_smile:

13 Likes

We had rejection day parties also. Like you doesn’t like ice cream… (don’t answer :joy:) :shaved_ice::icecream:

2 Likes

I agree a single release 1st week of April is late. I asked 2x (she was probably annoyed by me) if she was sure because they did waves before and she said “correct, they are trying for a single release early April.” So somewhat softer saying “trying” but when asked again she said no waves. I was super disappointed. I hope she was wrong.

1 Like

So, for example, Ross will only accept, waitlist and reject the EA candidates who were accepted on 1/28 until the one and only RD wave in early April? No one else admitted to Ross until 4/15, since no RD until that last wave on April 15th?

Let the remainder of everyone else who have applied to Ross know on 4/15, with potentially a week or so to review RD apps? Ross is typically filled to capacity, or nearly capacity, before their last wave.

The “one RD release” in April is folly to me. First, it’ll break all precedence of prior years. And second, probably every other college in the US will have had ALL their decisions out by 4/1, including the UC’s and Ivy’s.

1 Like

Exactly. I don’t believe the deferred Ross candidates will be informed only in the last wave.

I hope someone calls and asks whether there will be waves at the undergrad office of admissions. I’d love to hear if they get a different answer than I did. I don’t like the answer I got, but her answer was pretty specific. I hope she is wrong.

1 Like

I think both are theoretically fine. For mine, I basically added more to my Why UMich essay because I didn’t have any significant updates to my application.

We got the champagne already chilled for the final college decision. Actually, two bottles (one for when kid has enough choices to feel content and the second for the deposit day). Since Covid we’ve been celebrating the little things.

14 Likes

They were true to their word about “end of January” so wouldn’t be surprised about April,

2 Likes

Just for fun, I went on a hunt. Caltech, MIT, Harvard, Princeton, Chicago are all “Matches”, so I don’t know if a Reach exists, per Naviance.

This gets back to a terminology/definition discussion we had months ago. Safety/Reach/Match can be based on metrics, but how does acceptance rate factor in. If GPA, tests, etc. are at or above 75th %, but a school has a sub 10% acceptance rate - a metrics match but still low odds - is there a better term? A 3.5/1400 vs. 4.0/1600 applying to MIT are different. There probably is a better term, but no suggestions have ever caught on.

But back to Michigan - waiting on possible 2/18 update.

1 Like

i agree. Ross already declared their admission dates, and if u cannot get into Ross until LSA admission- then the wave theory makes more sense for informing those postponed.

1 Like

S22 just found out that he won a district business competition which qualifies him for the state competition. But he already submitted his LOCI. Too bad, so sad?

2 Likes

Your son can still email to his regional admission officer.

2 Likes

Congratulations to your son.

1 Like

Is there a way to confirm that the high school sent senior grades for postponed decisions?

I don’t know what they use to submit so calling and ask seems logical…