UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

The honors program at MSU is great. Lots of opportunities with it. Congrats to your daughter.

2 Likes

I like it except, I donā€™t think something that negatively affects like a low score should be disregarded. The kid might have a low test score but a great recommendation or be outstanding in some other area.

Maybe whatā€™s worse is, they actually know that the applicants are SMARTER than they are and they are selecting applicants based on their own 20 something biases. Horrifying.
I remember applying to college when you actually had in person interviews. Most of the interviewers were old men. Not a great example at that time ( 80ā€™s). But having people with a little wisdom isnā€™t a bad idea.

2 Likes

I am on other middle-aged forums. There are ā€œseasonalā€ workers who are 2nd careerists hired to read apps. So not all 20 year olds. Anecdata.

5 Likes

so with the debate of the release datesā€¦ is it still looking like waves are a possibility at this point or does it look like it may be one mass release date now? my guess was march 4th at 3pm est based off of past precedents but that could be unlikely now?

@Knowsstuff or @sushiritto ^?

Will applicantā€™s portals change 4-5 days before decisions are released as they did leading up to the EA decision release?

Lol. Who knows. I am still in for Friday. I have been wrong before as my kids will happily tell you. :rofl:ā€¦

I just donā€™t see them Not doing some waves. I donā€™t see how not doing it the way they have historically done it benefits them in anyway.

2 Likes

Again, who knows :rofl:but I would look for little changes this week. Sometimes it doesnā€™t occur until the day before. But of course maybe not.

1 Like

Is there a reason we are expecting decisions so soon? Is it rolling ? or sent out to only some people? I tried reading a bit in previous posts and didnā€™t see anything

Rolling

thereā€™s a. lot of speculation but the idea is that there are three big waves (one in each month) and there supposed to release decisions in each one

Iā€™m still a believer in Friday waves around 3/1 and 4/1.

But Iā€™ve been dead wrong before. Let me take you back to 2019, I think, when I said Michigan would not release their EA decision on a Thursday.

Well, the schmucks did. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: That one time. Iā€™ve never forgiven them for that ā€œscrewup.ā€ In my defense, an admissions insider did say there was a hiccup in the process.

2 Likes

do you have an insider that can tell us EA postponed is coming soon :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Has it happened in previous years?

Thatā€™s the thing, why does it have to be a secret? Would help to plan if dates are known.

1 Like

has anyone who was admitted received an acceptance package in the mail yet?

2/18 or 2/25 finger crossed

2 Likes

i 100% agree

letā€™s hope! if we donā€™t hear by the first friday of march im guessing itā€™ll come in april