UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Congratulations to those receiving happy news this evening & Go Blue :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Maybe possibly on March 4

Maybe possibly any date. You can count on “maybe this Friday” speculation every week.

1 Like

Let’s wait for two more weeks

SAT - 1600 superscore, 1550 raw
GPA - 4.0UW/4.82W

accepted into college of engineering and now ross

michigan is my dream school but I can’t go unless I get merit scholarship from them which is unfortunately near impossible :frowning_face:

6 Likes

With those stats, you will have a shot at a ton of great schools. If money is of issue, I wouldn’t get hung up about the dream school. Seriously. Smart kids like you would always do well and find a path. Please don’t take on debt if the NPC looks terrible.

What state are you in? I bet you would be super competitive at your flagship.

For now, congrats on the achievement. You have some thinking to do.

5 Likes

Thank you!! I’m from Florida so UF is definitely an option I’m considering. USC is another top option as I have scholarship money there and my brother goes there. Of course, I have no clue where I could get accepted on March 31! I’m really hoping for the scholarship from Michigan though.

2 Likes

Beyond Ivy’s and MIT which are such toss-ups, also looking at UNC/Duke and Berkeley/UCLA. Already got into GT but would need scholarship there as well. So many decisions in March, including with scholarships, so no clue right now where I will end up.

1 Like

Well, as long as there are people using certain colleges as backup schools to their Ivy dreams, schools have to protect their reputation.

2 Likes

None of the schools you’ve picked are known for giving significant scholarships to someone from out of state. Given your financial expectations, did you consider applying to schools such as Purdue, CU Boulder, and RHIT who would have likely given top $$$ for a candidate like you. Your target list of schools appears to be in-congruent to your financial needs.

1 Like

Purdue is very stingy with merit money, especially
for OOS applicants. They’ve focused on freezing tuition for all for the 11 years. Way more affordable than UM but it won’t come close to in state FL tuition for that applicant.

1 Like

ugh. sorry to hear that. when do merit scholarships come out?

1 Like

Just curious. How can you get accepted into college of engineering and then Ross? I thought LSA was the path to Ross. Isn’t UF great tuition wise if you live in Florida. I have heard kids really like UF (but don’t know about their business school). Decisions come out next week!

2 Likes

And btw, I went to a state university and a local law school and worked at a top NYC law firm and have an excellent job now. I think if you are driven you will succeed wherever you go.

6 Likes

And btw, I went to a state university and a local law school and worked at a top NYC law firm and have an excellent job now. I think if you are driven you will succeed wherever you go. Sounds like you have lots of choices

You can do this but it is a lot of work most students choose one or the other.

Of course. In my old firm in the 90’s, our hiring managers used to look for the top state school students over mid-tier “elite” candidates. They were more driven and, likely, smarter and more efficient at their work.

I think pagutta1 is going to be very happy with his or her options in six weeks, and I agree that they should select whichever school provides to best merit aid. Crossing fingers on Ross if that is your dream…

2 Likes

You can do COE and Ross. Ross programming starts sophomore year.

What is COE?

1 Like

It was disappointing to get no answer, as I feel the likelihood of getting picked for Ross is smaller now. OTOH, they do give out >900 offers as yield is ~60%, and my sense is that the 1st wave of accepted candidates will have many options Ivy day. DD22 does not have strong business ECs (no deca at her school), so fingers crossed.

There was a very strong OOS candidate last year (EA accept who did not get Ross) and ultimately got into Duke.