UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Well, that’s a bummer…I do think you could send a note to that Admissions counselor and let them know what a terrible error he/she made.

1 Like

After much deliberation, my twins formally declined acceptance today. This took a lot of soul searching, mostly for them, but also for all of us. The collective concern is the culture that saw the president and provost removed combined with an unsafe Greek system and dorm culture. Fortunately they will both be staying out East with us, although likely at different schools but won’t be that far apart. Best wishes to everyone, I really does all work out :blush:

8 Likes

Did anyone get any info about overall percentage of applicants admitted/denied/waitlisted/no decision made from Friday’s wave — or a percentage re: how much of the class of ‘26 has been filled by accepted students submitting their deposits?

There are many things I love about UM but their lack of admissions transparency is not one of them. I don’t know if you will ever find this information out.

3 Likes

I know this forum is a small group, but does it seem like Michigan is getting away from admitting so many legacies?

Wow, such an active thread. Sitting here listening to some Stones and had this thought: “You can’t always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need.”
It’ll all work out, friends. Best laid plans of mice and men.

3 Likes

Can you tell me more about the summer robotics at MSU? I have a younger one that may be interested. DM is fine.

Public Service announcement Women’s basketball game on ESPN U because other game in 2nd OT

1 Like

Just DM you. A great program during the school year for engineering and is a lot of fun and looks great on a application is…

https://www.acementor.org/affiliates/chicago-il/

They are all around the United States. You learn from engineers almost one on one and even though you might not go into these fields the idea of collaboration is great. He will learn a lot! Did I mention once again that it’s a lot of fun.

1 Like

They have for about 3/4 years now. It’s nothing new.

“we received applications for over 84,000 unique applicants, for the enrolling first-year class of about 6,682 students.”

1 Like

I find this so interesting. My son hasn’t been sent a decision. Even though the majority weee sent last Friday. The office said his application is still under review. I have been racking my head trying to understand why keep a few applications back.

Is it because of the yield and spots. That’s one way. Because if they were going to reject why didn’t just do it last Friday with the majority of decisions . Same for WL or an acceptance. Why are the waiting on only a few. they already or waitlist . Why if they wanted him they just didn’t accept him. It could endless theories. .

That would be interesting too . My son still hasn’t heard

Did your son hear yesterday. I heard some people got decisions one was a rejection . So mean to Amex then wait all weekend after everyone else hear. Gets your hopes up a bit you know

She said her sons withdrawal button disappeared so I guess that’s the sign.

But wasn’t sure if he got that email notification they claim to send. I got one each time there was change to his application like when application was received when EA status was changed.

So far still nothing.

Lmk if you heard anything. I called them yesteday and they said he was still being reviewed.

my son has still not heard. they told me still being reviewed also.

All applications that are still in review will most likely hear back by this Friday

1 Like

I can imagine how much soul searching this must have taken, and I am so impressed at your twins’ maturity and decision-making. (I’m intrigued, too, about the issue of an unsafe Greek system and dorm culture - concerns of mine that I admit I know too little about when it comes to U-M.) You have clearly done an amazing job at nurturing and equipping your kids to approach decisions with wisdom and discernment. Kudos to you and to them, and best wishes.

2 Likes

Best wishes to your twins. Everyone should go where they believe they have the best fit, so it’s good to know they thought through their options so carefully. There is no one right answer that fits all.

Can you elaborate on this please? I am interested in knowing more.
thanks

1 Like

Well speaking for the straight-laced among us, my D18 survived 4 years at Michigan. One year in West Quad and also as a member of a sorority, though I hate paying those dues.

I actually attended a few Greek parties there over the years, “tailgates” before football games, but I’ll bet everyone was on their best behavior while I was there. Parents are such a drag.

4 Likes

What do we think the waitlist movement will be like this year? D22 was waitlisted, but UMich is her dream school and she is hoping to get off the waitlist.

2 Likes