UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Multiple students in the group chat I am in for LSA have directly contacted the scholarship committee and have been told they are still awarding scholarships.

2 Likes

This was a couple of days ago.

1 Like

at least LSA is sticking to their word! i wish COE was the same! would also be nice if michigan re-awarded scholarships. i thought they did because they emphasized ā€œrollingā€ but COE is not :smiling_face_with_tear: (not sure about LSA)

1 Like

That seems odd. Why would they withdraw an application unless it was submitted late. I havenā€™t heard of that before I always thought it was a yes, no or waitlist.

My sonā€™s application to Ross was withdrawn too but in his case, they said that because he was admitted for summer term, they were withdrawing it because Ross only considers fall (and I think winter?) admits

Itā€™s better to be withdrawn than rejected. If withdrawn, your son can apply again without prejudice. If rejected, Ross website says that they will accept your sophomore application but that they prioritize ā€œfreshā€ applications.

1 Like

Any OOS waitlist movement yet?

1 Like

Not here

@ETG112 - Hi - My Son is a Freshman & he has mostly in person classes, but some Professors do record the lecture, so the students can watch it later. One time his Professor had covid, so his legs turned went online. They have done a great job of working with the students & giving them options. He has had a great year!:blue_heart:

I agree. Just wondering how itā€™s decided for them to withdraw. Still waiting for a decision and if heā€™s not getting in heā€™d rather be withdrawn than denied.

Ok that makes sense and he still has a chance to apply again so thatā€™s better than a no

1 Like

This likely means Yield so far for Ross must be higher than expected. By pulling Ross applications for those that have not been reviewed yet, UM is hoping the yield for those admitted to LSA and applied for Ross but were not reviewed will also be more likely to enroll which should increase the overall yield for LSA. May not be a good sign for those on the waitlist for LSA. Smart move by UM. Does anyone know if they have done this in the past, ie ran out of spaces before reviewing all Ross applicants?

I think youā€™re making an assumption (applications were withdrawn before review) which may or may not be true. Itā€™s possible that applications WERE reviewed and then just put in a ā€œmaybeā€ pile to see how things shook out. And, when it was determined that they were going to be able to fill their class without the maybes, they were then withdrawn. But, they didnā€™t want to rule them out from being able to transfer in next year (and, they accept about 100 transfers each year) which is why they were withdrawn and not rejected.

3 Likes

My gut feel, based on the fewer waves and the higher % of WLā€™ed applicants in the 3/25 release, is that overall yield may be higher than normal, and not just for Ross.

Itā€™s a zero sum game, and there are the same number of domestic applicants? Gap year from 2020 all flushed out? Does that mean lower yield at schools outside T50? T100?

I donā€™t buy the premise of ā€œsame number of domestic applicantsā€ and its effect specifically on Michiganā€™s admission stats.

Michigan plans for a much smaller class (7,290 versus 6,800-ish) and a smaller # of acceptances. I think their overall yield will be higher than 45%, and why there were such a large proportion of WLā€™ed applicants in the 3/25 wave, but thatā€™s my opinion.

Ah, didnā€™t know smaller class for 2022.

I received my housing application today! I got into the RC in March so east quad here I come (sad to decline SQ housing though, but Iā€™ll still participate in the honors program). Really hoping for a single but weā€™ll see what happensā€¦

3 Likes

A great choice! EQ is a WAY nicer looking, smaller, but with a dining hall, has A/C and faster access to South U area.

1 Like

With a higher yield in mind, are you moving away from the thought there will be a decent sized pool of applicants who are offered admission off the waitlist