UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Don’t think you have your messages unlocked. Love to hear which program your son is doing. My son’s experience with his overseas engineering internship and study aboard program aided him in getting his international engineering job…

CONGRATULATIONS!!! So happy for her (and you)!!
Best wishes!!! :blue_heart: :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Thank you!!! I don’t love the January start but she is thrilled and seeing her this happy makes me think that she was meant to be a wolverine! And now we have double the reason to go to Ann Arbor!

1 Like

@Silver77 - You said it yourself - seeing your child happy is the best part! They have done this immersion program in the past, so I truly believe the January start will be fine. Plus, I would love to hear about that extra field experience the immersion students will get in that Spring term. I really think my son would have considered it more if he didn’t find his fit at FSU. So happy for you!

1 Like

There is no law that I know of that says you have to start college in the fall. Many kids will try to transfer next year or take a gap year and try again next year to get into Michigan. Your daughter’s experience will be her own and I assume with others like her as well.

Wow that is remarkable! What made your mind towards the end ?

I was worried about the social aspect and missing out on the freshman arrival scene in August. But she will be starting with 40-50 other kids and we already know one other girl who is also doing the immersion program. After my daughter submitted the application, I was so worried that she made a mistake applying to such a small program. Now I am so grateful that her major offers a January start. I think she would have gone to her second choice with a bad attitude. Now she is incredibly happy! :blue_heart::yellow_heart:

4 Likes

It’s great when things work out.

Have they admitted anyone from the waitlist? I see some sports-related majors, but anyone else?

I haven’t seen anything. Someone posted that admissions told them that their yield is up so I’m thinking we won’t see much movement. My kid would jump on an offer to Michigan if she was lucky enough to get one.

1 Like

Two people I know admitted off nursing waitlist. One OOS and one in state. That’s all I’ve heard other than winter start thing

The Schools of Kinesiology and Nursing are two of the smaller schools at Michigan, and LSA and CoE are the two largest, so be patient. It’s still “early in the (WL) ballgame.”

The schools act somewhat autonomously, thus LSA and CoE just may not have begun their WL process.

4 Likes

Thanks for that insight. It’s hard to be patient this admissions cycle! :wink:

Just my opinion, of course, but Kinesiology and Nursing are Top 5 (or better) schools, IIRC, and they’re small, so I’m sure they have a much easier of time assessing their enrollment each cycle.

LSA and CoE are roughly 85% of the freshman class at Michigan, so I’m guessing that they have a more “difficult” (relatively) time figuring things out in regards to their WL.

2 Likes

Was there information regarding how many students were offered the waitlist this year? I guess we won’t know how many accepted until after the fact

We’ll have to wait until they release their CDS for 2022-2023, which won’t be until much later this year or next year. I believe the 2021-2022 CDS wasn’t released until December 2021.

Did anyone get off the waitlist?

Wondering when will they start offering/rejecting waitlisted students.

Will they send rejections in phases or wait till the last slot is filled up and send all rejections to all the remaining waitlisted students in one shot?

When’d did they start/end this process last year?

As I mentioned above, Michigan will close WL’s by school, so you MAY see, for example, Nursing and Kinesiology close much earlier than LSA and CoE. Other even smaller schools, like SMTD or Taubman, may have already closed their WL’s. We just don’t know.

But generally, WL’s will close on or about 6/30.

1 Like

Ross?