UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Your advice is great. Have to be able to afford college also. So not worth going deep into loans or mortgaging the house for any school. We had to have my daughter go to her number 2 with merit since her number 1 didn’t give any… It worked out to be a solid decision…

2 Likes

To those asking to chance you… Lol… There is no scientific way to say anything but good luck. Look at all your scores /stats and accomplishments. Any school would be lucky to have you. Keep your grades up since sending in Midterm grades is a thing.

6 Likes

S22 GC asked him to submit SAT since got 800/800 math, but reading is low, now he regretted it because lot of kids have 1500+SAT. He does lot of ECs and community services, GPA4.8. But so many kids are better than him. So he thinks he couldn’t get in.

My S22 wanted to apply ED to his favorite school after finalizing the school list (think Rose of the West) but after a frank discussion of costs and ROI, he ended up not applying there at all.

1 Like

I kind of differ from that. At the end she might choose to attend if she doesn’t get anything in-state. It’s a personal choice at the end of the day.

A year senior of my D who made USA(J)MO previous years had been deferred/waitlisted and rejected my most colleges, finally got into UCSD. It was a tough situation last year. Learning that pattern we know many kids who are securing their safeties even if the college is OOS. To each their own. Can’t complain.

1 Like

This might be a dumb question, so apologies up front if the answer is obvious. If you had your GC complete a mid year report via Common App, then do all the schools have this information? Example…GT requires the completion of a mid year report, so GC did it. Do you then still have to send your transcripts directly to UMich(assuming you are postponed)or are you good to go since the mid report has been uploaded to Common App?

2 Likes

As long as you can find reasonably priced housing all 4 years. :smile:

3 Likes

I’ve been half-jokingly urging my S22 to pick UCSC or SJSU (assuming he gets in). Both are good CS schools and he could simply commute and pay ~$20k all-in per year.

2 Likes

It’s not who’s better then or taller or prettier or who has more money. This is why it’s a holistic reviews. One Sat section score won’t be the reason he’s not accepted or is. It’s the whole package. Lots of Stem kids do badly in English and writing sections BTW.

1 Like

Hate to give bad information but check with your school on this. My son’s school automatically uploaded all grades and reports whether the schools wanted them or not. So schools handle this differently.

1 Like

As I posted earlier in the thread, a sample of fifteen (15) acceptances for Class of 2025:

Geez, deferrals were hard to come by. I’m speculating that not all Class of 2025 deferrals were posted, because it took me a heck of a LONG time to find sixteen (16) of them (Post #3008 to #3364):

Average uwGPA = 3.92 (16)
Average SAT = 1,517 (9)
Average ACT = 33 (5)
No test score = (2)

So, for one thing, if you go by CC’s posts, then more CC posters were accepted than deferred, which obviously doesn’t sound right in the big scheme of things. I think I tallied EVERY deferral posted in the 2025 EA thread. :smile:

And two, I’m willing to bet that deferral stats are skewed high, because there must have been a lot more deferrals than what was actually posted here on CC.

4 Likes

I respect that UMich stated that decisions would be out by the end of January and there is no reason to complain that they aren’t posted yet. The only thing that I fault them for is not giving a heads up with a date and time during the week that they are to be released. One of my daughter’s schools posted yesterday that results would be released on Saturday at 10am, and other schools follow a similar practice. I don’t understand why UMich doesn’t follow suit.

9 Likes

any moment now…

Lol…

Nothing here, in state @ 3pm

1 Like

yes this is exactly what im annoyed with. They are not ready to give any date or time knowing how all the kids are so worried and anxious and have made multiple conscious efforts to reach out and clarify any details. Inspite of that, they are keeping us in the dark by giving us their standard answer - Late January.

3 Likes

Nothing CO, Mission Failed

1 Like

ok. may be at 5 EST :wink:

Hopefully, although I am more inclined towards Friday.

More importantly, does UMich know 31st is as late as January can go?

3 Likes

Who said it has to be released in 2022? May be they will pool with next years EA and release altogether.

:grin:

4 Likes