UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Wondering if you know that from experience. My D was offerered Honors College. It is definitely in consideration. I know they get a great dorm and first dibs on classes. Anything else that makes the HC great? Thanks in advance!

My son chose Purdue over GT (it came down to those two schools for aerospace) because of the collaborative environment and more diversity of classes (he could continue to take German). He just graduated and has a job lined up with NASA.

19 Likes

Youā€™re own Honors advisor, thereā€™s an honors-only lounge, some of your classes are for honors only obviously, or, if a regular class, reserved space specifically for just honors students, special events, etc.

But, the main bene being housing in South Quad. Close to all the action, including the IM, Yost, Crisler and the Big House. And Greek life, if that suits her.

2 Likes

Is it possible they tell us now? or at 7?

i wouldnā€™t bet on it

1 Like

Alright fine. Itā€™s this Friday.

1 Like

My daughter is doing BioMedical Engineering at UMich and GT is ranked number 2 in BME, yet she choose UMich because of the Collaborative Environment. We have been pleasantly surprised with everything, it has exceeded expectations all around.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s great to hear, my D wants to do Biomedical Engineering. Patiently waiting for decisions to come out :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

Good Luck to her! We heard from UMich on January 29th last year and UNC was a day earlier in January 28th. There are many amazing schools in the US and she will find her place. But I understand the waiting is so hard.

1 Like

unless itā€™s Monday :astonished:

I would say you are basically a guarantee, get ready for an acceptance!!ā€™

Iā€™m willing to bet the melted hershey bar in my back pocket decisions come out Friday. :chocolate_bar:

1 Like

That isnā€™t worth anything, sillyšŸ˜‚

To some it may be worth more than a Umich acceptance!!

1 Like

Yes, but they donā€™t call it deferred. They call it ā€œpostponed.ā€ Friday canā€™t come soon enough!

That UIUC email was a doozy for us as this means weā€™ll know after February break here in NY. We were planning a trip to Purdue and potentially tacking on UIUC. It feels like weā€™ll go, and on the flight home find out he didnā€™t (or did) get in! But, at least we know specifically when the decision will be announced.

Haā€¦ Look at my nameā€¦ Lol. Itā€™s great there especially honors especially if getting merit.

I applied to Stamps, how does your kid like it there?

Some student in the NEU ED/EA forum said he got his UMich decision. Anyone else get the same?