UMich Class of 2025 -- Regular Decision

For CS and the choices you have, CMU or UCB are it. CMU was #1 forever and now only surpassed by MIT, but I would still take CMU over MIT in a heartbeat. This one of mine wasn’t interested in it but it is a no brainer. You can also take a few classes a Pitt with an exchange program they have with them. Phenomenal facilities and program.

Northwestern is not known for CS so wouldn’t go there even over UM. UCB is also top program as is UIUC but it’s a huge program. If $ is a factor though, I would not take on the tremendous amount of debt for any of those and find the best buy as you’ll still get a decent CS education at even the cheapest of most of those.

Rejected

unexpectedly saw an update to my decision
was waitlisted
that letter though, it’s all over the place :confused:

1 Like

I swear until the last line it felt so much so like I rejection, I almost skipped reading the end

2 Likes

I would say you have to chose between Berkeley, CMU and UIUC. At this point it depends more on location, aid package etc. Statistically speaking, your chances of getting into MIT from the waitlist is basically 0-1%. Also, did you get a better financial aid offer from UCB,CMU or UIUC? That would be the deciding factor imo, if they are similar then chose on basis of location

lol, I agree. I’ve been recording my reactions and for this one, I almost showed a thumbs down to the camera until I read the last line xD.

deferred and then waitlisted. Tired of waiting.

3 Likes

@Fennick. Don’t give up hope. My son last year was deferred, then waitlisted…then accepted before May. He is a happy freshman there now. My next one up is following the same path - hoping to get off the waitlist.

2 Likes

I’ve been reading this thread for a good bit and a lot of in-state students say they’ve got their decision back today? I’ve been checking for the past two hours and there’s nothing from umich. I was from EA and got deferred into RD, does anyone know when I might hear from them?

I’m waiting on Duke/Ivies, but I will add that I got in LSA EA back in February, but I am still awaiting Ross which adds even more to the waiting! 5 waitlists and a competing acceptance from Notre Dame also are factors.

1 Like

Got wait listed after being deferred. This one is really painful. It’s been my dream school for as long as I can remember. Two wait lists in two days as well.

2 Likes

I got waitlisted…what are the chances of getting off the waitlist?

check your portal maybe. they haven’t sent out emails

Congrats bud!

Where are you going? Is there any angle to pick UM over UCB or CMU for Computer Science?

I am still waiting on more results, but UM is basically out at this point.

congrats on so many great options!

Thanks man

They said “We’ve received all your materials…” basically to “check back in 3-5 business days after receiving an email notification”. Thank you for replying, but who knows. I’m just so ridden with anxiety, I respectfully wish they would just pull the trigger. But I guess I’m waiting another week or two.

For anyone that has applied to Taubman College of Architecture- have you received your decisions? I am a US citizen but I live abroad so I’m not sure what group I fall into when it comes to decision release times. I know Taubman has their own timeline, but I’ve heard of people similar to me that have received their decisions already…

My daughter received an acceptance from Taubman a couple of weeks ago. She had applied to the Urban Technology major. She was a US, OoS applicant.