UMich Class of 2025 -- Regular Decision

Congrats Arhaan, Are you from California? BTW, did you get considerable scholarships or do you have to pay from out of pocket? No matter what you have some incredible options in front of you. Good luck!

No, I am an international student, and I got no scholarships so I guess I have to pay from my pocket. Thanks man.

Congrats on your acceptances! Where are you considering to enroll?

hi! has anyone received a scholarship through the LSA scholarship application/ Four Year Renewable Scholarship as of yet? When do they notify students about it? Also, have any international students received money through the International Student Scholarship?

I’m pretty sure late April! That application was so long hahaha

Hahah yes it was SO long, thank you!!

1 Like

My daughter is waiting for that scholarship results as well. I heard end of April. Best of luck!

1 Like

so my portal says this : U-M begins sending estimated financial aid packages within a few weeks of being admitted. Your package may be delayed if additional documents are needed to complete your application. If we request additional materials, please submit them as soon as possible to receive an estimated financial aid notice.
Does this mean I am admitted?

mine does too…idk

Where exactly does it say that

Wait nvm, I have it too, I was admitted. I’m pretty sure everyone has it

in the portal go to financial aid then it should say it under it

We contacted the office of financial aid because Michigan out of state would be prohibitive for us compared to the other schools my DS got into who offered Merit scholarships. Here is the reply we got today:
"Hello XX,
Thank you for reaching out. Stamps merit-based scholarship decisions have not yet been awarded, and will go out by mid-April. These awards are based off of the application and portfolio that have already been submitted, so there’s no extra application necessary. We’ve added the updates that you shared to your Stamps file for consideration while making merit scholarship decisions. If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Go Blue!"

1 Like

I thought you had to apply early action to get Stamps. We are in a similar boat. My daughter got likely letters at Duke and Columbia ( named scholar) I thought she would be a good candidate for a good scholarship at Michigan, but we got an awful aid package and only a very small grant. She applied for the Engineering School. Michigan is her first choice because she could double major and get most of her credits from AP and dual enrollment. I am holding out hope for a scholarship to come in the next few weeks.

On the website it says decisions have been made.

https://leadersandbest.umich.edu/stamps/for-prospective-students#sthash.JZ2WLVYJ.dpbs

Where are you planning to commit? You basically have Berkeley+CMU which are in the big 4 for cs

As of now I am still deciding, but I am leaning towards Berkeley

Yeah Berkeley is a good school. Which subset of CS are you interested in?

I am mainly interested in AI and robotics, but I am looking at more of an applied angle in various other fields like Physics and the Environment.

imo CMU is better than berkeley in AI and Robotics(they have a 200000 sq foot robotics institute and more into human computer interaction, ranked even higher than MIT) but for physics and environment Berkeley is better