UMich Winter 2024 Transfer

Applied LSA late august, check list completed Oct 2

Ah damn sorry to hear that. Are you gonna try for fall or are you done?

Does anybody else find it ridiculous that the university will reject students who have over 70-80 credits automatically but it isn’t listed anywhere… If the school will only accept up to 60 credits for all students regardless of how many credits they have why does it matter. Its frustrating especially when students and professors who wrote the LORs put in the work to submit an application only to be rejected for having too many credits. Is this a matter of UMICH being ethical? Of course not, they want to maximize the amount of money they receive from their transfer students thats why if you have lesser credits your chances of being admitted are higher. If an application is good, the AOs should accept the applicant and not judge it based off of just one factor being the credits.

1 Like

mine didn’t! and i didn’t receive an email saying my enrollment connect was updated i just kept checking

I think I have too many credits

its past 6 est im not getting anything today lol

I agree. It’s upsetting. All the hard work I’ve put in these past to years to get the credits I have is going to be a downfall in my application. It’s a shame. I haven’t heard anything back yet but with 78 credits, it’s not looking too bright.

I would recommend contacting oua-transfers@umich.edu because these people are ruthless and care more about money than qualified talented applicants looking to improve their future by graduating from a reputable university

Yep, haven’t heard back yet.

Anybody hear back today?

did anyone get anything today

Nope

You think people are going to hear back today or tomorrow because I don’t think anyone heard back from them yesterday.

Nope

Idk if it’s a good or bad sign that I haven’t gotten my decision

anyone get anything today? I know umich had fall break i think monday and tuesday?

Heard from a friend in campus that a lot of non teaching staff were off this week so admits may have slowed.

2 Likes

Rejected this morning
Stats:
4.0 GPA
Small in-state college
77 credit hrs at current institution (not sure how many would realistically transfer)
applied to CS at LSA

I do know of a couple CS majors at MSU w/ 3.8+ GPA who were also rejected with 70+ credits

accepted into data science lsa this morning!
in-state from umich school
gpa: 3.46
credits: around 63 credits (including 17 from this semester)
2 letters of rec, 2 part-time jobs, like 5 clubs with no positions
(applied october 1) and waitlisted in hs

1 Like

Join the disc