Undergrad pharmacy

<p>Ok, so currently I'm a senior in high school and am trying to choose between colleges. So, I want to go to Drake University (#51 for pharmacy) but I was also accepted to Purdue (#5 in pharmacy). My question is, would it be a mistake to attend Drake knowing that purdue (and some of my other schools) are ranked my higher?</p>

<p>People keep telling me that undergrad doesn't really matter anyways and to just worry about grad school... but isn't pharmacy a 6 year program where undergrad is only 2 years?</p>

<p>How would this work if I tried to transfer?
btw, are their any pharmacists here that went to drake or anyone that has heard a reputation about its pharm program? I'm worried I wouldn't be able to tranfer easily if it's not seen as prestigious.</p>

<p>PharmD is actually a 4 year professional degree, which requires at least two years of pre-requisites. Some schools prefer a BS degree going in, which would make it 8 years total, while some have accelerated 3-year PharmD programs, which could make it as little as 5 years.</p>

<p>The rankings you're looking at are probably based on research grants, not quality of education. What you should also look at is pass rates on the NAPLEX and MPJE exams (pretty sure Drake and Purdue both have very good results), likelihood of getting through pre-pharm to the professional years (ie. conditional guarantees,etc), costs (assuming you don't have unlimited funds available), and program structure. And, of course, which school would you be happy spending up to 6 years of your life at?! </p>

<p>Transfers are probably more based on your GPA, PCAT, and whether you've completed all the prerequisites, which vary between schools. You can probably find much more info by searching/posting on the SDN forums:
Student</a> Doctor Network Forums</p>

<p>I dont know if Purdue guarantees admission to the professional Pharm.D program. If they don't i don't think it matters much. All pharmacy schools are great.</p>