Univ of Arizona Honors questions

<p>I am contemplating going to Arizona because of its Honors program. However, I was told that the Honors program is really for students that already know what their interests are and/or what area of study they are planning on majoring in. </p>

<p>Unfortunately, at this point in my life (freshman) I have absolutely no idea what I want to do or study. Is what I was told true, or is Honors still good for someone like me? I had always thought that the Honors program at Arizona meant smaller classes, better choices at getting into these classes, good mentoring program, etc.</p>

<p>Please help!!!</p>

<p>My son will be a freshman in the Honors College at U of A this fall. As an undeclared major, he is in the "University College" and will have access to advisors there as well as an Honors mentor. He is also registered for an honors freshman seminar to help him figure out how to succeed there. We attended an honors visitation weekend in January, and we were all very impressed with what the program offered. He even turned down admission at several UC's because U of A seems to have the whole package he was looking for, and just "felt right".</p>

<p>yeah mario, its not just for people that know what they want to do. im gona be a frosh in university college, and i have access to honors programs in a variety of disciplines and like 3 different advisors or something. dont worry about that. u of a has a great honors college and flexible as well</p>

<p>what are the requirements for the honors program?</p>

<p>If memory serves it's a HS 3.5 or greater and ACT or SAT of > 29/1300. To stay in honors you must retain a 3.5 or above gpa. It can be tough as AZ is the only PAC-10 school without pluses or minuses in their grading structure.</p>

<p>You don't need a 3.5 in HS. Trust me.</p>

<p>kidfrom ohio</p>

<p>what was your academic profile (gpa, SAT/ACT etc) that qualified you for honors?</p>

<p>thanks in advance. it sounds like a good program.</p>