University Delaware Class of 2027 Official Thread

Does anyone have any idea about when merit scholarship award notifications will be going out? I saw something about next year?

From UD’s “Financing Your Degree” page:

The University of Delaware notifies students of merit scholarships starting by the end of December, and those admitted after that date should expect to hear approximately two to three weeks after their admission decision is released. For out-of-state students who have completed the FAFSA, full financial awards, including eligibility for need-based grants and loans, will be available around this time as well. In-state students who have completed the FAFSA will receive full financial aid eligibility information in late January/early February. Once finalized, merit scholarship letters and award notices are mailed to students and are available on their My Blue Hen Home portals as well.

2 Likes

Did they release decisions today? We should be back on Friday 5 pm schedule. Is it 5 pm exactly?

I haven’t seen anything yet

Still “awaiting decision” here as well.

1 Like

My student just got accepted to nursing today. No email, just checked portal.

6 Likes

Congratulations! So the update is done for this Friday.

Congrats! Our neighbor’s daughter graduated this year from the UDel nursing program and she got a great job!

2 Likes

@Easywind what was your daughters gpa if you don’t mind me asking? My friends D23 is waiting to hear from nursing school

1 Like

My daughter got accepted to Delaware today (Friday 12/2)!
OOS - North Carolina
GPA: 3.9 unweighted; 4.5 weighted
Test Optional
Food Science Major
Applied 10/24

3 Likes

My daughter was also accepted into the food science program at UDel!

3 Likes

Application submitted 10/8, application considered COMPLETE 10/25 still waiting to hear. I will encourage my student to reach out to admission counselor to see when decisions might be forthcoming as it seems many October applicants are hearing from College of A&S in the Dept of Mathematical Sciences.

GPA is confusing because the school doesn’t do letter grades, only percentages, so they don’t calculate a typical 4.0 type GPA. GPA was calculated at 100% if that helps. Applied test optional.

I saw that upthread and almost replied to you earlier. It seems like such a neat major! Is your daughter likely to choose Delaware? It is one of my daughter’s top choices, assuming she gets merit.

I usually don’t respond to forum but had to. Food Science is very neat major. My daughter is not interested in the major but I work in the snacks, meals and beverage industry. It’s a great niche major and plenty of career paths to take.

On another note, my DD was accepted to Delaware and we are sitting in the hotel waiting for admit tour to start!! We stayed overnight nearby and had the Friday night experience. DD loved the ‘downtown’ stripe. Great choices for dinner and ice cream. We don’t love that the gorgeous Health Science - DD’s major- building are so far away from the main campus.

Good luck with your college journey! Acceptance is definitely unpredictable this year.

3 Likes

My daughter graduated with an exercise science degree, getting there was no issue, and she didn’t have a car until her last year. She also never took the shuttle, I suspect she got rides with others?

2 Likes

Really? My daughter is accepted to the health sciences school but we decided not to come for the visit today because we are far away and want to wait and see about merit first. so how far away exactly is it?

It’s across from the football stadium, about a mile from trabant. It’s really not an issue.

1 Like

I don’t know. Money definitely matters so we’re waiting on merit. I like the idea of UDel b/c it is a good location for us compared to her other schools which are so far away.

1 Like

A lot of the health science classes especially in the first two years are not on star campus, the are in classrooms off the green

2 Likes