University Delaware Class of 2027 Official Thread

Congrats to all who heard today. Just updated my earlier post with stats. Please remember to post stats for those still waiting. Happy Thanksgiving!

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

Accepted today!
SAT: 1520 submitted
GPA: 4.00 UW, 4.28 W
AP Courses through Jr Year: 5; 1 DE
State Residency: VA
Applied date: 10/28 EA
Decision date: 11/23
Major Applied to/Accepted: Comp Sci
Decision/College: Engineering

4 Likes

Accepted!
SAT: 1370 submitted
GPA: 3.93 UW, 4.39 W
AP Courses: 8 (including senior year)
State: NH
Applied date: 10/21
Decision date: 11/23
Major: Environmental Science
Decision/College: Earth, Ocean, and Environment

Edit: Also invited to World Scholars

3 Likes

Son admitted today. OOS 3.68 weighted test optional business undecided

3 Likes

Congrats! When did he apply?

Oct 20th. Sorry just saw this.

OOS Daughter applied on 10/20, admitted 11/11, honors accepted 11/23

ACT composite: 33
4.0 GPA
9 APs/IBs, all honors classes
Dance, chorus, theater
Major: Cognitive Science (Arts and Sciences)

We are waiting on merit scholarships.

Good luck to everyone and Roll Hens!

3 Likes

Applied beginning of September. Still no decision!

Did your daughter hear back about the honors college already? My son was just admitted yesterday and I was wondering when he might hear back on that.

1 Like

Honors and merit both come much later. 2020 came in January for both.

2 Likes

Is the GPA weighted or unweighted? Thank you

Yes, she heard back about her UD Honors College admission yesterday, and she received her admission letter two weeks ago! Her GPA is unweighted. Happy Thanksgiving!!

1 Like

Congrats to her! That is so nice she knows early. I’m hoping my son hears before the end of the year. He’s still working on applications for other honors programs this weekend — I would like all the essay writing to be done (I imagine he would like this as well).

1 Like

Her GPA is unweighted, thanks again and Happy Thanksgiving!

1 Like

Does anyone know how UDEL admissions recalculates high school gpa? Just curious for purposes of understanding our chances for honors.

1 Like

One more question in case someone has this info. On the Net Price Calculator tool, it asks for the student’s GPA based on a 5 point scale.
Does this mean they want us to plug in the weighted GPA? Just making sure.

1 Like

OOS D23 applied 10/28 EA for Biology
4.0/4.4
ACT 34
Class Rank: school doesn’t rank
5 APs (rest of classes in Junior/Senior year were CHS)
ECs – captain varsity XC and track-state recognition, varsity soccer, soccer coach for urban youth league, NHS, meal prep for city mentoring program, dental shadowing, part time job working 15-18 hours/week, more leadership roles in school activities, lots of volunteer hours
I do think her CC essay was good, it went through a couple of different teachers for edits, but who knows.
Accepted to Pitt with merit and athletic recruit to Case, so given indication that she will be accepted there.
She hasn’t even visited Delaware but is very interested, so hoping she gets accepted so she can consider!

2 Likes

I think only one person posted that they had heard from the honors college right before Thanksgiving. Has anyone else received an Honors College invitation?

Yes, admitted to the University on 11/4 and Honors College on 11/23.

4.0 unweighted
1500 SAT
10 APs
Varsity sports
Business Analytics major

4 Likes