University Fellows Experience 2018

Has anyone received an email yet? Last year it was around this time…

I thought it was the Friday of this week last year, so that’s what I’m anticipating. I have not, yet, so I’m curious to hear from people as well!! Although perhaps it will be later, because the application did say we’d hear by like February 7th

Son has not heard anything yet. Anyone else?

to my knowledge, nobody has heard anything :frowning:

My D was notified today she is a semi-finalist. She’s very excited as are we. HD

My d was notified by email yesterday that she’s a semi- finalist -

Her notification came via her Crimsom Mail account. Hope everyone gets good news. My D didn’t make the cut for UGA Foundation Fellows and was very disappointed. Sad for me as a UGA alum. — HD

Big congrats. No email for my son.

Thanks. Pretty crazy what our kids go through getting into college. She had no interest in Bama before I urged her to take a look last June. They’ve blown her away (and me too…hard to say as a UGA alum). I hate to see anyone disappointed when they’ve placed their hopes on something. Praying for yours and all others that they get what they want or something better. —HD

Well said! Alabama was a dark horse for us (being from GA). They too have blown us away and makes him feel so welcome. He is def leaning in their direction even though he has been accepted at UGA (also didn’t get into their Fellows program) and Tech. It is so crazy what they go thru but so happy he feels that Bama could be his home!
Best of luck to all!!!

Any students hear about Randall Research Scholars status?

@StrGzrMaryland
I don’t think RRSP Finalist notifications will arrive for another 10 days or so. Jan 30 or 31 would be optimistic I think.

The waiting is tough. DP Jr. and myself are anxious to hear back. It is such a remarkable program, and group of students and administrators.

Hello all, my d was notified today that she is a semi-finalist with phone interview next week. She has been so impressed with Alabama and is honored to have been selected. Good luck to everyone one of you. I know there is a perfect plan for all of them. Hard to watch sometimes though… being a mom… is hard…

Could you share stats if you are a semifinalist? My local recruiter said everyone should by the end of the week.

My son received an email yesterday! He’s excited and nervous. He has great offers from other schools but says Alabama feels right. :slight_smile:

I have a T last name and I still haven’t heard anything… I’m starting to get disheartened seeing so many others get their interviews :frowning:

@ golfball14 - sorry, don’t know any other info; my D had semi-final phone interview a week ago, and we’ve heard nothing else since then. Our last name starts with B, if that helps. Maybe you should check with the UFE office? And GOOD LUCK!

Same here… I have an S last name and haven’t heard anything from the university fellows experience or the Randall research scholars program. Getting very worried… although I am happy for those who have been selected for a phone interview!

I just got a letter in the main saying I was not selected as a semi-finalist.

Sorry. :-<