University of Alabama Class of 2026 Admissions

we are in the midwest - 14 hrs away. our kid has driven and flown only.
i’d suggest getting on the FB UA parents page (its amazing!) and ask; there’s also a ride share page there too. Lots of people from chicagoland. . . good luck! enjoy!

Thank you so much for responding! This info is helpful. This is our first kiddo going away and it is a bit overwhelming. I will get on that FB page. Thanks again!

1 Like

yeah, they call it the “bamily” – tens of thousands of people in that group - all so helpful and positive. when my kid had mono - i asked about where to order online groceries – and i had several local random parents offer to check in on him and take him things. :purple_heart: it is a great group and you’ll get lots of information that way.

3 Likes

My son also got accepted to UA for fall of 22! He is still waiting to hear back from a few other schools. We live in Boston…. To far away for mom😰. I am curious to know which dorms for freshman boys are better than others. We have a great local ua recruiter that has helped pick me up off the floor when I felt so overwhelmed with all this college stuff! She recommended the dorms she felt ( she is a recent alumni) my son would like. He likes to have a good time with friends, but he doesn’t drink, smoke, and at this juncture he is not interested in fraternity life. When on the ua portal looking for roommates, he is not getting allot of matches. Anyone else feeling the same or have advise?
Thanks very much,
Roll Tide

2 Likes

Both twins got accepted into UA + honors. We’re out of state. Any one has any insight into blount scholars or randall research? Super new to college stuff so i am overwhelmed.

hi~ to y’all (@Lola1 and @Joni_Chasen ). I love this forum on college confidential - but the biggest amount of response from bama parents would be on FB: u of alabama parents page. i suggest you search and join that group!! thousands of parents who are very helpful! i can’t tell you how helpful they’ve been over the last few years.

My OOS S22 received an email from UA rep Quincy Hall
“Happy New Year and congratulations on your admittance to the Honors College here at The Capstone!”

Is this the only notice that he’s accepted into Honors College? Which Honors College?
I’m not that knowledgeable in UA: aren’t there more than 1 Honors College?

Son logged onto UA Bama portal, no info in the Honors College link.

thanks.

Same thing here. I called to ask about it. I was told to check crimson email. The email was sent a month ago :exploding_head: and my kid never checked crimson email.

THANK YOU

OMG: he just checked his crimson email.
Didn’t even know that was a thing.
He has 26 messages.
Turns out he was admitted to the Honors college back on 11/22/2021.

There’s the admission portal.
Then the Bama portal.
And now Crimson email.
for just 1 school!

1 Like

Thank you for your information about “Bamily”. I tried to look it up on FB but I couldn’t find it. Do you happen to have a link you could share? Thanks so much!

I was curious if anyone else was attending the Capstone Scholars event this weekend?

You’re welcome. We had no idea either

Question about merit award. Where does that appear? Is it a letter sent home, email, portal etc.

It took me a very long time to find my son’s merit award. You have to follow the directions listed in the Crimson email. It’s located in MyBama once you follow the instructions.

Dd had not checked crimson email, either. Glad you all mentioned it! She was accepted to honors, as well.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing this out. Just had DS22 check and has an interview for Blount to set up🙂

1 Like

We never received an email. We received a letter in the mail. What tab is the award under?

Thanks!

Agreed, never saw that email, but have the letter.

Congratulations!

1 Like

I received an email to my personal account (son did not) and then a letter in the mail. Took a while to figure out how to log into our Bama email account where the steps were laid out. I hope this gets you there.

1. At the far left click on Student.
  2. At the center of screen click on Financial Aid awards
  3. Select school year 22-23 and submit.
  4. Then click on Award Overview and scroll down to the bottom.

It looks very impersonal to me and there’s no mention if it will be available next school year. Also I just realized that it’s a Federal Direct Subsidized Loan. Ironic that it’s listed under “Financial Rewards” but then again I’m new to this game.