University of Florida Class 2026 Admissions

D22 - Accepted
Honors and UF University Research Scholars Program (URSP)
$2000/yr merit scholarship + Birght futures
Engineering major
In state
4.0uw, 5.11w.
12 APs (completed 6, taking 6 this year – three 5s, two 4s and a 3).
Ranked 20 out of 765

Was leaning toward Purdue or Virginia Tech before today’s acceptances (also accepted to UIUC), but I think she feels very proud to be admitted to UF honors and URSP — might be a game-changer!

2 Likes

When my daugher went in her portal there was nothing for her to see except her checklist of everythig being received. What does this mean? Is she looking in the wrong spot? Help

At the very top there should be status update and under that a link “view status update”. If you don’t have that something might be missing. Does it say that you will receive update on February 25th?

hmm, when did she apply?

This is our situation too. D22 has a few offers pending, but with grad school for STEM in the plans, this is an amazing program that might be impossible to turn down. We just spent a couple hours researching it!

2 Likes

It pains me to post this but I want to keep it honest…

Rejected

In State

1380 SAT
4.7 W GPA

• FL Parks Youth Volunteer of the Year
  • Board of Directors Youth Chair at State Park
  • Violist for 12 years
  • Varsity Soccer

Congrats to all Baby Gators!!!

9 Likes

She applied on Oct. 7th. I am going to have her look again. I am not with her and she was looking on her phone.

1 Like

Accepted. In state.
30 ACT
5.2 weighted/ 4.0 unweighted
Varsity sport, lots of EC, leadership
250+ community service
Top 5% for a top 20 ranked HS

2 Likes

DS22 - Accepted. In state.
36 ACT
1530 SAT
4.32 weighted
3.91 unweighted
Ok ECs due to COVID
NMF

2 Likes

Yes it says she will hear on feb. 25th. Under the check status tab it leads her to her application with everything checked off. It was all done on 10/14. This is awful. She knows nothing.

My daughter wasn’t admitted into honors, her stats are all super, 1550, Full IB candidate, 4.7gpa 1st in class, NMF etc…definitely a contender. A conversation with admissions left me feeling like the essays were really the deciding factor but the honors program doesn’t offer anything that I found practical except the early registration and maybe the honors housing. It’s not a dealbreaker to me but it may be for my daughter though because she’s got a ton of other options. Besides the extra honors classes themselves, do honors student get to attend smaller class sizes?

1 Like

My friend had the same issue. Go to the email they sent a couple of days ago and try logging in from the link in the email. That worked for her.

She never got an email. It just says Feb 25 in her portal. She is upset that she has to wait longer.

I’m sorry you weren’t admitted. With such excellent stats I’m certain you have some really great offers from other schools. Hopefully you find a home and love it, if not then you could potentially transfer to UF when you are ready to be a junior.

1 Like

HI Melissa, so my daughter never got an email saying she would find out on feb 25. She goes into her portal and at the top it says everything has been submitted(10/7) and received and she will find out on 2/25. There is nothing for her to click on after we click on check status. I guess we will have to call on Monday. So upsetting for her that she has to wait longer.

The email came Wednesday. I can only imagine the roller coaster of expecting to hear and not getting news. I am so sorry!

Thanks- we are a frustrated because in 2018 our older son was accepted with 35 ACT and high GPA (5.4 weighted) and was placed into Honors without even applying. UF was ranked 41 back then. It’s students like my son who helped raise UF’s stats up to 28 yet because of that, our younger son with excellent stats did not get in. Seems a little unfair. Is this an appealable issue?

Why is that unfair? It’s fantastic that your oldest son got in a few years back and like you said helped raise UF to where it is but that has nothing to do with your younger son. Im confused as to why you think it’s unfair your youngest didn’t get in? UF has improved and so has the application competitiveness.

4 Likes

Is there a check status link on the page? That’s where my daughter went to see if she got in or not.

Thanks for replying. For whatever reason she didn’t get the email and there is a glitch on her portal. So frustrating for her. I think this is a sign that this school is not meant for her :frowning:

1 Like