University of Florida Class of 2027 Official Thread

Nope and I told my daughter to stop this nonsense.

Iā€™m guessing this page is a work in progress. The dates listed are from 2022, and they are likely in the process of adding 2023 dates to the calendar.

1 Like

Phew, thanks for that info- I hate this portal astrology stuff, that makes me feel better, she was down about not being able to access!

2 Likes

I tried logging in and it said access denied. Weā€™re OOS but Iā€™m hopeful for a UF acceptance after she got accepted to FSU with OOS tuition waiver. I donā€™t think any portal astrology will work. Just 24 hours or so to go!

4 Likes

Thatā€™s funny. Itā€™s starting from Feb 2023 for me in the calendar section below

2 Likes

The 2023 calendar is there with some dates highlighted in March and April, but the written out dates listed above are from 2022.

What state? VT is surprising unless you are a Va resident. I hear it is harder. My OOS son got in VT with similar stats except 4.0 unweighted.

GT is not a surprise OOS because they have a 10 percent admit rate.

1 Like

Yeahā€¦weā€™re in-state VA. Additionally, my kid is from a top-notch northern Virginia high school and weā€™ve heard for years that VT doesnā€™t want to become the University of Northern Virginiaā€¦no worriesā€¦he wants to be a Nuclear Engineer and neither UVA or VT has Nuc E as an undergraduate degreeā€¦waiting to hear from University of Florida tomorrowā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™m from NOVA also. Turned down by both UVA and VT. Just waiting for Florida tomorrowā€‹:orange_heart::blue_heart::crocodile:

1 Like

I wanted to wish everyone good luck today and hope it is a very Happy Friday for the New Gators!! If luck is not on our side, I will say some prayers that each of your class of 2027 scholars get into one of their dream schools before this heart-wrenching decision journey is over! :pray: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover:

11 Likes

We are from Viet Nam. My son was admitted to Gies, Ohio State, ā€¦ UFL is his top choice but we already know he could not get in. Wish everyone a great day.

2 Likes

Hi guys, I find that there is a ā€œhousing applicationā€ section in my portal which is not there before. So, is that what all applicants have?) Iā€™m kinda nervous hahaā€¦

1 Like

That was always there.

2 Likes

ohhhhhh rly! one of my friends said there was no before , maybe we remembered wrongšŸ„²

Housing tip if you want to be on campus and have the best choice possible - you should pay the $25 for the housing application as soon as possible.

We put it in the with the application.

The housing order is determined by your date of paying this.

3 Likes

Nothing about the status page will indicate anything about your decision until your decision is actually released. Down to hours!

11 Likes

Can you pay the housing deposit before acceptance?

1 Like

Yes, you should be able to apply for housing now. There is a $25 non-refundable application fee.

3 Likes

Thanks. Looks like my kid is a step ahead and paid it in November! :joy:

3 Likes

Thank you. Will the decision be in the contents of an email, or will the portal change in some way when decisions are released?

3 Likes